Customer reviews

The Real King's Speech [DVD] [2011]
Format: DVD|Change

on 6 July 2013
Since I've stammered since early childhood I could well understand the frustration that comes with the problem and I'm a long way from the King of England ! The movie was adequate but the documentary that came with it is fantastic. That should have had a public opening.
on 30 December 2012
I choose this DVD to see how the Kings stammer was treated. I thought it was brilliant, and the way in which the then Queen was a great help to him.
It must have been very daunting for him to give a speech, knowing, that everyone was watching and listening,and then a pause, watching it, you felt that you wanted to go and help him. It seemed like a life time waiting for the next word to come, and probably he must have felt very embarressed, but in the end with help he managed to over come it.
on 2 October 2016
Having enjoyed the film by the similar name, I thought it would be interesting to watch this documentary to understand where the film had taken the liberty to adapt the storyline for a better narrative. Whilst I feel the documentary wasn't bad and was more faithful to the timeline, I didn't feel it went into a huge amount of depth, so I came away with very little new knowledge.

Overall, probably worth the £2 I paid for a one-off watch, but not something I will run back to time and time again.
on 20 March 2015
I wanted to see this to remind myself how the real King spoke, having watched Colin Firth's interpretation. As a small girl I took it for granted that kings just spoke like that, in a slow and measured way. What a transformation after Lionel Logue's coaching.
on 15 February 2015
I enjoyed it previously and gave this one as a gift.
on 12 December 2016
Really good documentary we both really enjoyed it
on 19 March 2015
An excellent narration of the historical facts.
on 10 March 2016
Good value for money - enjoyed the DVD.