Customer reviews

Animorphs #2: The Visitor
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.37

on 13 November 1998
If you were told that the Earth was under silent attack by a race of parasitic slugs, and that five kidw ho were at this particular point in time were floating about above your head as birds, what would you do? Laugh. Well, it's all true . . .
For Rachel and her friends, life has become one big suspicion since they were given the power to morph into any animal they touch by a dying alien. So when Rachel thinks that her old best friend Melissa (the daughter of the most powerful human-Controller they know) the Animorphs know that they have to check it out. So Rachel goes in. And nearly gets killed. Then she goes in again. But this time Jake's with her - and this time they're being carried away - and this time they're running our of morph time - ten more minutes and they'll be trapped - FOREVER . . .
on 23 September 1999
I think that since this was the first Animorphs I read it was very pleasing. I really got into it, but the bit where Visser 3 was on the screen in Chapmans' basement was so intense, Rachels life was hanging by a thread. How did she get out of it? Well, Jake turned into a flea and....... Well the beginning was a bit dull but if you read on for a while it gets more interesting. I would recomend it to new Animorphs readers.
on 21 June 2016
I don't really remember this book gripping me as a teen but as I reread it as an adult, I realise how strong it is. After a shaky start in The Invasion, Applegate introduces Rachel as a narrative voice. The pacing of this novel is a lot slower than the first book and the focus more narrow but it was a far more emotional read.

While it still built to an action-packed climax, most of the story focused on Rachel as she decided what she was fighting for. While some of the Animorphs fight for their families or the fate of the world, Rachel finds herself motivated by the fate of Chapman's daughter, deciding that she doesn't want to see any more relationships between children and their parents ruined. Its moving and really helps to solidify Rachel as a caring character in a way that I didn't feel for Jake when I read his perspective.

The Visitor made me glad that I deciding to look at this series again. I can't wait to see what happens next.
on 8 July 2000
Rachel is an Animorph. She and her friends have the power to touch an animal, acquire it's DNA, and become that animal. It is a power they were given for a reason: the deadly alien race of Yeerks that are trying to take over the planet must be stopped. So when Rachel thinks Melissa, one of her oldest friends, has been taken by the Yeerks and made into a Controller, Melissa's cat seems to provide just the way in. But when Rachel is discovered and barely escapes, she realises there is something else going on with Melissa's parents. And she knows she has to go back in. But can she make it without being killed?
To readers of later books, this particular Rachel book doesn't seem as good as others because Rachel's warrior character isn't really focused on. However, I think this is good because Rachel's character more than any other develops from book to book. This is Rachel in her earlier character, before she became a Warrior Princess.
on 2 March 2014
It was quite a bit scary at points, but I didn't want to stop reading it. I can't wait to get the next book and find out what happens yeah!
on 1 December 2011
My son has loved all the books in this series that he has read so far. Thank you so much!
on 7 October 2015
certainly recommend if you enjoy the tv series
on 15 January 2016
Great second book in the series.