Customer reviews

on 22 January 2013
It's possible that this book didn't light my fire like the previous ones in the Scanguards series simply because I'm on number four. But I'm more inclined to believe it has something to do with the fact that the main character was a woman. With the other books, I could imagine being the one the vampire was in love with. I could pretend that someone loves me like that. But that aside, this book has what all the others have: instant and intense attraction between two people, blood-bonding and some crisis that they all need to work together to avert.
on 8 May 2014
Haven a bounty hunter kidnaps Yvette & a young actress Kimberley she is guarding. Haven though kills vampires for revenge of his Mother's death He's been tricked as a witch has his brother Wesley & it's meant to be in return for his freedom. So it's warfare & love between witches & vampires with a difference ;-)
on 22 May 2015
Fantastic book to read
on 15 July 2012
Yvette was left reeling at the end of book 3 as she thought she loved Gabriel until he got together with Maya destroying any hope she had of having Gabriel herself. Whilst dealing with these feelings she is put on a job to protect Kimberley a young actress which is under threat by an unknown source. Whilst on this job she meets Haven and an instant lust attraction is felt by both.

Haven is a human vampire bounty hunter after his mother was killed and his sister kidnapped by a vampire 22 years ago. He has been killing vampires and hunting her ever since. He is hired to kidnap Kimberley as his brother Wesley has been taken and held in ransom for Kimberley or so he thinks...

Yvette does not realize Haven is the kidnapper, Haven does not realize that Yvette is a vampire bodyguard and neither are prepared for what follows....or are they??

Another great book by Tina, I'm so loving this series. The other books written by the male vampire perspective, it's lovely to hear Yvette's story. Now onto Zane....
on 13 January 2014
What a wonderful read, I didn't want it to finish! I don't do spoilers, the book blurb covers the storyline superbly and anything I add or tell you about, will ruin the surprise element (I didn't see that one coming - well done author) in this delightful, sexy story. I have had this on my kindle for nearly a year and finally got round to reading it - it was well worth the wait, I want to kick myself for not reading it sooner, I missed out on so much! Zane is an incredible character and my heart bled for him. Going to see if I have any other of Ms Folsom books that I have overlooked, as I am looking forward to reading more from her. Highly, highly recommended.
on 9 June 2011
I came across this series by getting the first book Samsom's Lovely Mortal free on kindle. I then bought the following 3 books in the series and read them all within a couple of days. I beleive the next book Zanes story coming out around December which I can't wait for.
I really recommend this series and author and so have also moved onto her other series and will keep her on my list of favouites.
on 4 July 2011
Just loved it, now the fourth in the series and they just keep getting better. Can't wait for more! Desperate to know if Zane will ever find love, will anything happen between Eddie and Thomas and will Oliver be just a walking blood bank for emergencies?
on 4 January 2013
Firstly I have to admit I love a vampire romance, and have enjoyed all of this series of books, and yes I enjoyed this book too, but for some reason I prefer the man to be a werewolf or vampire it's just sexier I think!

Onto this book, if you imagine angel as our hero Haven the vampire hunter, and buffy with dark hair as our Yvette one of scanguards vampire bodyguards.

Haven is put in a difficult position when his brother is kidnapped by a witch, and is told he will be freed if he kidnaps a young woman and as a bonus he can kill the vampire ... Can you trust a witch - of course not! Now there all kidnapped and held together but why would she want them haven, his brother and this young woman and can they stop the vampire from killing them (she's a scanguard vampire so not likely she wants to kill them). They also need to figure out why they are there and how they can escape alive.

Yvette - is a very strong woman, with a history of hurt from her human life.
Haven - yes of course his hunky and sexy, strong, likes control oh yes his an alpha male. He hates vampires as one killed his mum who was a witch and to his baby sister

We also have Kimberley the young actress, who's personally I didn't find a strong characther in this book, Wesley was more interesting though.

We have all the other vampires and there wife's/mates all plodding along nicely in there cameo roles in this book.

A slight pet peeve they fell in love in just over 24 hours, yes they were held together but please, give it a couple of days at least.

I have to admit the book didn't end as I expected which I rather liked.

I was going to give this 3 stars as i didn't rate it as much as previous books. But have decided on 3.5 stars.

on 24 August 2012
I read this after reading the other 3 books in the Scanguards series, Yvette pops up in the other ones and you get the impression shes very cold but once you read this you really end up feeling for her, if your a fan of the other Scanguard books this is a must read or if your fan of a good romance with a supernatural twist this is the one for you
on 10 December 2012
I was disappointed cos 60% of this story was set in room with 3 humans and a vampire. Yvette was the vampire and Haven was a vampire Hunter. Yes you know the rest he loses his urge to kill vampires. This story was not as intense as the others. The love story did pick up near the end but it was not enough.
Come on Tina don't let me down.