Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop now

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 27 May 2011
As with the first reviewer of this DVD, I saw this in the cinema and enjoyed every minute. A really insightful, interesting and even occasionally surprising look at the Foo Fighters behind the scenes. We all know that Dave Grohl is considered the nicest man in rock, and the truth is he is a pretty impressive, and let's face it highly charismatic and likeable guy. He has an amazing gift for writing and singing music, and playing numerous musical instruments, as well as being a happily married father of two who clearly adores his family.

The truth is though a few years back he actually rocked a few boats and upset one or two people along the way. Hard to imagine these days, but watch this documentary and you will find out what has really happened behind closed doors since the Foo Fighters started out 16 years ago.

Ultimately though, after watching this I think viewers will agree, this is a really engrossing, entertaining film which leaves you feeling as though you really know the band, and have been given a little taste of their private lives. An absolute must for any Foos fan... long may they rock!
on 21 May 2011
Saw this at the cinema on release... if you like the foo fighters this is awesome...Covers the band from Nirvana to recording wasting light... all the guys are legends...very funny/sad/enlightening-the best rockumentary I've seen.
This is a brilliant career revue of the Foo Fighters.

I watched this on BBC TV and then again on iPlayer. My son (10) watch it too, with avid interest. The film is a synopsis of the the Foo's sixteen year career to date. Utterly engaging, you follow Dave Grohl's journey from being part of the biggest Grunge band in the world (Nirvana), through the dark days of Kurt Cobain's death, and then into the studio for self fulfilment and the birth of the Foo Fighters. His journey is littered with fun, frolics, disappointment, and success in equal measure. By the end of the film you feel part of the band and I have started to enjoy the music in a whole new way. I thought the reasoning behind the "UK bounce" track was simple, enlightening and fun.

Overall this film will make you feel that you want to be Dave's friend and that he truly is the nicest man in R'n'R. And remember there's always Nate...
on 7 June 2011
If you are a foo fighters fan then its a must see film, from nirvana till wasting light and awesome foo music with lots of their live coverage. specially if you like the new album you would love this film as it shows the making of the album and each song. You will get to know each band members too including the former members and their stories. Recommend it 100%.
on 20 February 2013
I bought this after seeing it at the cinema. There was a live launch of the album "Wasting Light" at the end.
I learnt a lot more about the band and the ups and downs they've had over the years. It showed you the background of the band as well as the way the band come up with new songs.
It shows how Grohl got through Kurt Cobains death and how he started the band "Foo Fighters".
A must have for all Foo Fighter fans!
on 27 December 2013
If your not a Foo Fighters fan, buy this and see what you think. If you are, like me, a huge fan of the Foo, then buy this and I can guarantee (allowing for a small possibility otherwise) that you will love them even more.

I came to the FF quite late in the game. I knew Learn to fly and that was about it until Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace came out and I heard the thunder punch of Pretender. Then I went a bit mental and bought the lot. But to be honest it was too much, too soon and I didn't take the time to appreciate them or listen to most of them. Wasting light came along and so did this documentary (man was that a weekend, new album and a documentary on BBC3).

I bought it on DVD and now Blu ray and I have to say, Dave, Chris, Taylor, Nate, Pat, I had no idea and can I say thank you so much.

When you watch this documentary, it makes you realise what was going on at the time and that, amazingly the band are still alive and together all at the same time. Each album has it's own back story, some songs are real expressions of what was going on in their lives at the time.

It really does make you appreciate the music more. I have watched it several times and have since gone about a review of all the albums. I'm glad of it. I have discovered tracks I didn't know about and love the ones I did, even more.

Spolier alert! It begins during the period when Nirvana released Nevermind (the album with smells like teen spirit), to when Kurt Cobain dies right up to the making of the Foo Fighters current album. It is quite a ride and surprisingly emotional at times, also very funny at times too.

Because it's E rated, let me say, there is some liberal bad language, but then I think that's just the way they speak. Also watch the bonus stuff, again amazing stuff.

Overall, an excellent addition to any Foo Fighters fan's collection and a great, insightful introduction for anyone else.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 September 2013
A must have for any Foos fan. I was literally glued to my seat. There are plenty of great interviews, lots of gossip openly discussed with those involved where possible. Finishing with the making of "Wasting Light" in Dave's garage - wow. Having watched this I will enjoy all the Foos albums even more now, knowing a little bit more about the story behind each.

Watching Dave record the final part of "I should have known" knocked me for six. This is was is so great about the use of analogue equipment; It is raw and real and you can see the passion, effort and emotion he wrenches out of himself - a slight faulter in the voice (due to emotion) IS perfection - no need to digitally 'correct' it.
on 13 June 2011
From 1994 to 2011, quite literally everything there is to know about the band is uncovered in this documentary, featuring exclusive interviews and footage of the band. I almost sound like I'm trying to sell the product here, but it really is that good. Interviews with former band members, such as Franz Stahl, really help to clear up some of the issues and ups and downs the band have had in the past. Well worth the buy.
on 4 July 2012
Oh my god. There's not many dvds i can watch over and over but this is one of them! First saw this on BBC, i then watched it on the BBC iPlayer the next day, and thought i should buy it seeing as i am on my summer holidays now.. in a week i watched it twice :P I just love it. If you are interested in rock music, the music industry, bands, or of course foo fighters this is a great watch. It is made so brilliantly, starting with the end of Nirvana and finishing with the making of Wasting Light in Grohl's garage. (which is the best part) I also bought their live at Wembley dvd because of this dvd. It's a must buy.. so go buy it :)
on 19 June 2011
I am a 100% Foo fan and this story of the forming of the band till the present day makes compulsive viewing! It shows the evolution of the band from the early days and Dave's strong conviction of knowing how he wants the band to be.It just makes me enjoy their music all the more, well worth buying. Maybe Im a bit sad, but i can watch it more than once very happily!