on 29 May 2017
This book is very gripping and amazingly awesome. From the first word of the book I was hooked. I usually don't like reading but this book made me love it! I can't wait to purchase the next one! Thanks Amazon for making it free and thanks Jasper Cooper for writing this phenomenal piece of inspiring, imaginative and fun book!
on 23 March 2017
Good reads for younger and older
on 22 June 2006
I was very impressed with both the style of writing and the content. The author has managed to bridge the gap between writing for a younger audience, and also those who are young at heart. Excellent first book

The Other Side Of Desire (Jason & Lilly's Story)
on 30 September 2016
good
on 19 August 2016
My daughter enjoyed this book but it didn't grip her as others normally do. Ok as a quick read
on 10 July 2006
I bought this book to read to my 9 yr old brother. We can't put it down. He's never asked me to read to him so much in his whole life! we read 7 chapters in one day yesterday! the twists and turns keep you on your toes and you WANT to turn the page to see what happens next. I'm enjoying it as well as he is and I'm 22 :)

I would definatly recommend this book. I know I'll be treasuring my own copy for years to come to read to my own children. Great book. Can't wait for the next one!

Great job Jasper :)
on 29 June 2006
Well written and crafted novel following the adventures of Prince Seph and Princess Amalek. There is a whole host of interesting characters and animals (good and evil), each so well described you can imagine them, in your mind's eye, as you read. I grabbed every spare minute of day to read on, on the train, sitting at the station, my lunch hour even missed my favourite soaps! - it is very gripping. This book belongs up in the ranks with the creations of J K Rowling and Philip Pullman. Can't wait for the next installment.
on 23 December 2016
Terrible didn't even read one large before I got bored
on 14 June 2006
Candara's Gift is such a masterpiece of fantasy writing that it's hard to believe this is Cooper's first book. Like any good children's novel, it contains all the necessary ingredients: beautiful imagery, hidden treasure, an epic battle between good and evil, the essential cast of wizards, a dragon, a king, queen and prince and princess, and a journey into the dark unknown. The story reminded me of the Narnia Chronicles or Lord of the Rings, but it's more exciting, shorter, and more accessible. Cooper has an easy style that flows and reads easily, making it ideal for today's short-attention-spanned youngster, yet with its own complexity and with some clever innovations such as optional riddles and puzzles. The characters are powerfully vivid, and Cooper lets his imagination run wild, weaving in unicorns, the odd mysterious character, and a fantasy land full of colour and mystery. But most striking of all is the goodness this book exudes -- and its good humour. It's a book that will not only inspire and entertain children, but educate them at the same time. In short, this is a made superb start to children's story writing - a book that could well give JK Rowling a run for her money.
on 11 May 2017
i tink dat dis book is so good but the next 1 plz be free so get it now or forever regret it