Customer reviews

1,027
KabelDirekt 5m Optical TOSLINK Digital Audio Cable - PRO Series
Size: 5m|Change

on 30 October 2016
Bought the 1m optical cable to connect Samsung soundbar to Samsung 4k TV. The cable seems extremely well made and connected between TV and soundbar no problem. The sound quality is crisp and clear. There's a little click so you know it's securely in place. Recommended.
on 5 April 2017
Excellent quality optical cables. These are ideal f you want something that is not too heavy and won't put a strain on the optical socket like some heavy duty cables can do. They are light enough to fit securely and can be easily routed out the way.

The sound quality is great, they are well-fitting and I have not complaints at all.
on 14 September 2017
I got this cable to attach from my TV to my DAC/AMP so that my speaker could play the sound from the TV. So the cable came and as was over the moon with what is seen at first glance.

Open the package and to my suprise there was this cable that when unwound was a straight cable, no twists or bends that make the wire look like it had been squished together. Compared to most cables that come it takes weeks to work out the Knott's to make it straight.

The build quality is so good that I might need to buy another on the add somewhere else in my house. Overall I would recommend this cable to buy and love.
on 9 August 2016
This cable is nice and think and well protected, the addition of the gold tips is not necessary as optical cables only use light passed thru the glass fibre in the centre. So don't expect any improvement because it has gold tips.

The cable is of high quality and will not easily snap or get damaged due to the thick shielding. It passes through the full range of sound that toslink is designed for, it wont do hd audio as that needs to be over hdmi but it does cover the majority of other multichannel audio streams.
on 16 May 2017
Very nice, solid feeling cable! the weight makes it feel high quality and it will last but only time will tell. the connection is very good as you get a little click when its in place! I bought this to replace an older cable that was too short for where i now place my HiFi and computer. The sound is very good and the highs seem clearer than my old cable but the signal to my subwoofer isn't as good as it doesn't sound as bass heavy as before.
on 17 October 2017
Nice cable, flexible and not to heavy, the ends plug in with a satisfying click to both my tv and more critically into my Bose soundbar. the sound output does actually sound better than with the standard thin cable supplied with the soundbar, I suspect that this is most likely to be that this cable makes a better more secure connection than the original cable did. Whatever the reason this is a good choice for a optical cable.
on 5 April 2014
Are all optical cables the same? Not for me. I had used a cheap pound shop one for our digital link between TV and surround system, but could not get the plugs to stay in place. A TV engineer advised me to look for a lead with better plugs. This certainly has them! If like me you wear glasses, then put them on to fit these cables as there really is only one way they fit into the hole. But those surrounds around the end of the cable are metal and they go in with a positive and satisfying click. As far as audio quality goes, I suspect there is no difference - once all the 0's and 1's are getting through to your receiver, it's all down to your receiver to deliver the sound, but for reliability of connection these get a definite 10 out of 10.
on 2 September 2016
This is a strong, sturdy and high quality cable. I used it on a brand new UHD 4k tv and they fit perfectly, without feeling loose. Easily bendable so you can work them round cable tidys etc. Ive also bought the matching HDMI cables that are a perfect match :) These are a must for anyone using a seperate sound system for TVs
on 11 July 2017
Unlike most reviews you'll see throughout Amazon, I purchased these cables about year ago. Been using them as part of my Hi-Fi stereo and home multimedia setup which sees use pretty much everyday.
I can certainly attest to it's quality. It does the job well while remaining durable and sturdy, and it's also quite stylish. The gold-plated contacts are excellent.

Great product and a steal at this price point. Get yours here.
on 15 July 2014
Good quality cable with decent quality connectors that fit securely. Not much else to say other than it works! For the price it's fantastic. One thing to note though is don't buy into the gold plated rubbish - it's an optical cable so it doesn't matter!