on 26 November 2014
First of all, don't worry about buying this multivitamin product, it's excellent and there are many reasons why this product is good and why you may need multivitamin tablets. This review is a bit lengthy for a reason, as I am trying to answer some doubts regarding this product, how multivitamin tablets should be taken etc. Please read the whole review as I mention some general things about multivitamin tablets and how it should be taken before the Centrum Advanced tablet review :)

The first question we should ask ourselves before taking any pill is that of the unpleasant do we really need to take it? Living in a polluted stressful environment and not taking our greens and essential vitamins, and added to that all the junk food and easy solutions, the answer is yes. However, when it comes to multivitamin tablet don't expect a multivitamin tablet suddenly solve all your vitamin problems. There are, of course, arguments that the multivitamin tablets wouldn't absorbed in the body and the opposite, which you might have heard. Okay, let's review these tablets and its effectiveness. Before the review of Centrum Advanced tablets you need to know a few things about taking multivitamins.

Why Supplements?
When the body does not get essential vitamin it needs, it uses the stored reserves in the organs, fat, and bones. Over time, the body doesn't replace those vitamins can lead to medical conditions or problems. For example, if we're not getting enough calcium though foods, then the body uses the reserves - that is the calcium in the bones, and over time it may lead to conditions like osteoporosis or weaker bones. Vitamin supplements can prevent such conditions, if you're taking the supplements regularly.

Activated Nutrients
You may find many multivitamin tablets, listed much greater list of vitamin lists, however, many of those vitamin lists cannot be converted by your body before it can use it. Which is why I support Centrum advance multivitamin tablets. For example, when many companies list ingredients like Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) we'll get a nice feeling of great lists of nutrients but you are not getting anything from it. Many manufacturers exploit by listing lots of ingredients and state that that nutrients are needed every day, but not telling you the fact that they mostly fail to be activated in your body and fails to be absorbed by the body, the reason is because, many companies use the cheapest ingredients to make a list not the ones that will be useful for the body.
Absorbing vitamins into the body is only the first part, only when the body covert or activate it the whole process will complete where the vitamins will actually beneficial to the body. Many nutrients in our body should be converted in order to be used by the body, these are called activated nutrients.

Not the Primary Source
Multivitamin tablets are good, but you should never consider it as the primary source of RDA for vitamins. A healthy, varied and balanced diet of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, is the key to vitamins in your body. So eat your vegetables and look for varied - balanced diet as your primary source of vitamins. Varied diet is very important here, don't expect you'll get all the nutrients from Centrum Advance just popping the pill in your mouth, swallowing it and forgetting it.

Free From
Centrum Advanced tablets are free from gluten, yeast, Azo-dyes, and wheat, so these tablets are basically safe for those who have issues with those ingredients.

The Ingredients
Molybdenum 50 μg 100 %
Selenium 30 μg 55 %
Zinc 5 mg 50 %

Too little?
Some customers have complained that Centrum tablets has little ingredients and in low quantity, which is not true, but you may find other companies have too many (inactive) ingredients and too much quantity. Here is the key, why I recommend this product is because, the ingredients in this product support each others changes and absorption. And what you need to know is not overdosing the vitamins, instead take small quantities for longer period, that's the key and the body can process it better and it will be beneficial for you.

The E-number Problem?
The E-number (E for Europe) is simply a number assigned to food additives in the European union, mainly these are colours, flavouring, anti-oxidants, sweeteners, preservatives, emulsifiers, and gelling. E-number means it has been tested in the European Union and the number is an identifying code for easy reference. (A full list of E-Numbers are available on the internet). The E-number ingredients used in Centrum Advanced Multivitamin tablets are safe.

Not all E-numbers are bad or terrible if you're really concerned watch out for E-numbers like E621-monosodium glutamate, E951 aspartame, E151 Black PN, E133 Brilliant Blue FCF, E211 Sodium Benzonate etc. These are stealthy included in colouring, to increase shelf life etc. For example, you'll get Monosodium glutamate in Chines food, or you buy Ajinomoto to augment taste in your food, you'll get aspartame when you buy diet colas and sugar-free items.Centrium has none of those dangerous E-number ingredients, one review says E-numbers are banned in many countries, not E-numbers but certain E-numbers like E151 or Black PN which is banned Australia, Austria, America, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium and France. The E-number ingredients in Centrum Advance is actually beneficial to you as it helps the vitamins a better chance to absorb and regulate in your body, see the "duty" of each E-number in Centrum Advance listed below.

I am listing the E-numbers in Centrium Advanced multivitamin tablets, which are E 460 (Cellulose), E464 (Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, which is a coating agent and a rate controlling polymer for sustained release dose forms), E1202 (Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone, is a modification of Polyvinylpyrrolidone, a water soluble polymer this modification makes it insoluble in water though it absorbs water and makes it useful as a disintegrant in tablets), E470B (Magnesium salts of fatty acids), E433 (Polyoxyethylene sorbitan mono-oleate; Polysorbate 80 is a water soluble nonionic surfactant and emulsifier used in foods, mouthwash etc.,is used to stabilize aqueous formulations of medications), E551 (Silicon dioxide - has multiple uses as an anti-caking agent, adsorbent, disintegrant, or glidant to allow powder to flow freely when tablets are processed.)(Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) is an antioxidant additive and a lipophilic organic compound, chemically a derivative of phenol), E171 (Titanium dioxide, is a naturally occurring mineral and is used as pigment for gelatin capsules, and tablet coatings, controversy exists as some studies suggest titanium dioxide nanoparticles may be toxic but further research needed, FDA has approved the safety of this inactive ingredient for use as a colourant in food and drugs), E132 (lndigotine; Indigo Carmine - is an approved food colourant)

The Reminders
1. Do not take more than stated dose
If you take more than stated dosage, or swallowing more pills to get "extra" vitamins, it will give more harm than help as some vitamins can disrupt biochemical pathways, building up vitamins, which can become toxic, also higher dosage can cause water-soluble vitamins passing through the urine which is a waste in every sense. When you eat too many vitamins, it can cause an overload in the body which can create side effects and vitamin buildups. If you are concerned about the vitamin intake especially if you are taking other medications, it's a good thing to consult your GP before taking any vitamin supplements.

2. Take the Tablets with Your Meals
This is very important, when you take the tablets with your meals, it has a better chance for absorption in your body. It also has lesser chance to upsetting the stomach for those who may have sensitivity to some of the vitamins or ingredients.

3. Mrs. Wibble, an Amazon customer had given me some valuable information in the comments section, which I am adding here.
The advice follows: Until we know more, I must conclude that it is probably much safer to take the deficient vitamins and minerals separately, so you know exactly what you have been putting in your body. These are not sweets that make you feel good - they alter your body's chemistry. If in doubt, seek expert medical advice, but always check with your GP if you are already on prescription drugs, as vitamins and minerals in supplements as well as in your food can alter the efficacy of quite a few drugs designed for serious medical conditions.

So when you're considering the Centrum Multivitamin tablets consider Mrs Wibble's advice as well. See the comments section for our chat.

In short, Centrum Multivitamin tablets are excellent choice for your multivitamin requirements and preventing vitamin deficiency. health is very important, so instead of going after cheaper alternatives (in fact it's not expensive as it is a 100 pack) which may do more harm than health, I recommend Centrum Advanced tablets, get the 100 pack and make it part of your longer intake. I purposely made the four star for more exposure as there are too many five stars reviews :)

Pros:
Great ingredients
Proper ratio
Active Ingredients
Better absorption
Safe E-numbers
Budget wise

Cons
Not any cons that I can think of, if anything I find later I will update the review.
1515 Comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2013
A good price for a well known brand. I was happy until I started reading the label carefully:
supposed to be healthy but stuffed with E numbers.

**UPDATE**

- Here is a list of all the E-numbers in this product
E460, E464, E1202, E470B, E433, E551, E321, E171, E132 ...possible effects listed below, (original review)

I am not suggesting all these E numbers are 'terrible' but are they necessary? why are the tablets 'blue' for a start?

A quick check of a competitor product 'Holland and Barrett, ABC Plus vitamins' label reveals no E numbers.

I emailed Centrum support USA website twice to ask about this and received no reply.

(Original review below)
Here is a quick google search of some of the E numbers,
Effects:

- May cause allergic reactions

- Not permitted in infant foods, can provoke an allergic reaction in some people, may trigger hyperactivity, asthma and other intolerance's; serious concerns over carcinogenic and estrogenic effects, in large doses caused tumours in lab animals, banned in Japan in 1958, official committees of experts recommended that it be banned in the UK, however due to industry pressure it was not banned, McDonald's eliminated BHT from their US products by 1986.

- Best avoided by people with allergy reactions as it may cause skin sensitivity, a skin rash similar to nettle rash, itching, high blood pressure and breathing problems.

- Not recommended for consumption by children.

- Banned in Norway.

- Banned in Germany.

- Pollutes waterways.

**Thank you centrum!!!**
1212 Comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2017
This is only my opinion but I do not think you can get better than Centrum. I have used them for a long time and never an adverse effect or upset tummy or indigestion pangs. This is particularly important as I buy them also for my elderly mother. You will notice the difference when you start to use them.I think the first and easiest indicator you will notice is your finger nail growth/strength. I have recommended them to countless people and everyone always remarked on the nails growing very quickly. It is a personal choice whether you believe vitamins actually work for you, even with a balanced diet. I trust the cardiologist who recommended them as I train at a professional level. I like them and would highly recommend Centrum Advance for everyone. I know there are other variations of Centrum available, especially for the elderly, I however like this particular type.
on 26 June 2016
Box came squashed and the container came empty with the foil seal pierced. I would suggest not to order from here, God knows what you could be taking with people in the factory clearly tampering with the products!
review image
VINE VOICEon 9 April 2017
a good price for AtoZ tablets compared to the cheaper supermarket branded ones. for me it was especially important to have vitamin D, as I have a deficiency in that ( so does everyone due to lack of sun), and these tablets contain 100% of the daily requirement.

I did consider specialist vitmain tablets, but reading read their descriptions, like those for 'bones' they offer little more in terms of %RDA for fewer vitamins and minerals, for more than the cost of these AtoZ tablets.
on 2 December 2015
I found these to be great vitamins, but on discovering from an earlier review that E132 and E321 contained in these tablets can cause hyperactivity and migraine, amongst other side effects, as well as being banned in other countries, because of the potential of being carcinogenic, really put me off.
I've started taking ABC Plus from Holland and Barrett, which are just as effective and are £10 for two bottles of 120 pills in each, which works out much cheaper. They also contain no additives at all, which seems to make sense if they are for your good health. I was giving the Centrum vits to my daughter and was puzzled why she started getting migraines at the age of 12 years old. That was a frightening experience for both of us, as I first thought she was having a stroke. 12 year old should not get migraines and I think it is not coincidental that she was regularly taking these vitamins with chemicals that can bring on migraines.
I have always been adverse to buying anything from Holland and Barretts, as they are generally over priced and under dosed, but after doing some research, have found the ABC plus vitamins to have everything that is needed in a multi vitamin in the right proportions and are reasonably priced and most importantly have no 'E' numbers in!
Centrum need to get their act together and think about the effects/benefits of their product instead of the blue colour etc., which is not necessary.
66 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2017
I started taking this pills last winter until now and I started noticing the difference; my nails were so fragil, I felt tired and almost got the flue, but soon after I started taking them I felt more energy, my nails are now stronger, and the best of it: No flue in winter :) And yes, the tablets are big to swallow but then you get used to it (you can also cut them in half), I totally recommend them.
on 10 November 2015
Not so happy, i ordered 3 bottle and expected to last in 9 months. But unfortunately they give all 3 bottles will expired in 3 months time..so by the time i finished my first bottle the last 2 bottle is already expired what a waste..they should check the expiration date before they dispatched..
on 14 December 2016
I've used Centrum Advance for 1 year without any side effects and can only assume it's doing me good. It helps to cover all the bases, as eating a well balanced diet is not always realistic. Look out for the 180 tablet packs as they are usually much better value on Amazon. I found this out to my cost.
I am going through the menopause and have been feeling tired and lethargic all the way through, sometimes I can barely get through the day without falling asleep. I have been taking Berocca for a couple of years but these did not seem to give me any additional energy so I decided to give Centrum a try. I have to say that I have been taking these around 5 days now and wow what a difference. I have not needed a nap during the day and have been darting around, full of energy!!! What a difference these have made. I would highly recommend these and also Pfizer are a trusted brand, so I feel confident that these will not be doing my health any harm. Thank you Centrum, you have made a new woman out of me!!!