on 28 March 2015
November 2014: This is great, I had a lot of issues with leaky lunch boxes before I bought this. I've had it for over 6months, use it daily and I've not had any problems with it at all.

EDIT: I recently purchased a second lunchpot, the first after just over a years service broke. The lid just cracked and snapped. The second one I purchased on December 1st (3 weeks ago) and exactly the same thing has happened. I'm really disappointed that this has happened to what is essentially a really good idea. I'm not even sure how to contact customer services about this :( needless to say I won't be buying it again, or recommending it to anyone.
review image
8 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 July 2015
This is an excellent lunch box- I love bringing soup to work, and this one is one of the two I have that do not leak the liquid all over the place. The design is nice, although I do not use the attached fork/spoon. I have been taking it to work quite frequently, travelling on the bus most days, and never had an accident with the food spilling out.

The slight inconvenience is that according to the instructions, the maximum microwaving time is 2 minutes- and after that time, my dishes are usually lukewarm at least. On a number of occasions I had to keep it in the microwave longer, so far the container has not deteriorated, so I would say 3/4 minutes are still safe, but be careful.
One person found this helpful
on 21 December 2015
This is a beautiful thing, it makes your lunch look really special. But I have two issues with it:

- The lid on the smaller pot doesn't go on tightly and I wouldn't put anything requiring airtightness in that pot
- it's really tall and doesn't fit in most individually sized lunch bags. As I travel on the tube, just carrying it by the strap isn't an option. I've bought an NY neophrene bag as it's the only one I can find it fits in, but the bag isn't that nice - B+B should make an insulted bag to fit this, I'd buy it.
One person found this helpful
on 28 November 2016
I have been using this pot for four years now, and I can say it is one of the single best items I ever bought on Amazon. Ideal if you want to bring food at work or at the seaside, it is not only a nice piece of design (many people asked me where I bought it), but its shape makes it easy to put it inside a backpack. One you finished your food you can put the smallest pot inside the bigger one, and reduce the space it takes in your bag. If you want to put more food than than one meal maybe it would be too small, but for a single lunch is perfect. Definitely worth its price.
on 28 December 2015
Have used this several times a week for almost a year. Spoon is pretty useless for me as I mostly use it for soups but the two pots are great and have lasted very well. Both still liquid tight and haven't turned gross inside
Minor annoyance in the two minute limit for microwaving in it; it really isn't long enough to heat through. I have started decanting the contents into a bowl to reheat so if you're looking for an "all-in-one" type container this isn't for you but I'll be buying another one if this one gives up.
on 26 April 2016
I've had this 18 months before the inner plastic thread of the large tub bit the dust and ti started leaking. It still closes but it's not sealed properly as before.

The small tub is nice for adding sauces, or carrying some fruit or yoghurt - but I never used the strap or fork beyond the first week or so of use.

Good [product and clever idea but it would have been nice if it lasted a bit longer.
on 2 April 2015
I really rate blackand blum,their design,the attention to detail,the overall functionality. This Looks great and it works as lunch pot to transport your food. It is not insulated,so wont keep food hot/cold,but is great to transport food. When reheating i do so for 3minute microwave ,rest 1 min, then additional 2min if required. The lid is secure,and in fact needs bit of welly to get it released. For storageat home the small pot fits inside the larger pot. This lunch pot draws a lot compliments,and rightly so.
on 19 January 2015
Have used mine for nearly 2 years. The bottom one holds a decent portion for lunch. It is air tight and I have not experienced any leakages. Although you can microwave, I would not recommend as it stains the container. When finished you can put the smaller one in the bigger one so less bulk to carry. I tend to put salad in the main, and chocs/nuts/fruit & salad dressing in the smaller one. I use a salad dressing little container which leaks but into the trusted black + Blum container so still happy.
on 29 January 2018
These dishes are a nice way to take lunch to work/school. The larger one is a good size for soup or curry, and the smaller one is a good size for a snack. They are secure and haven't leaked for me, and the strap to keep them together is very convenient.
on 20 August 2013
I can't complain at all about how well it's put together, or how much it holds - which is way more than I expected, by the way! If anything, it's a bit too big for my needs, as the main tub is never filled more than half way.

I've never had a problem with with leaks, spills, discolouration, or anything like that. If only I could say the same about most other lunch containers I've tried! The carry handle does the job. It could maybe do with some sort of locking/catch mechanism, as otherwise it can become loose if you have the pots in a bag, leading to them separating (good job the lids stay on tight...).

The only real problem I have, is the included "spork". The prongs aren't really good enough for picking up most food I've tried, and the spoon is far too deep to comfortably eat soft foods with. If I do eat with it, I find I have to turn it upside down to manage to get all the food out.