on 19 September 2011
I have had numerous problems with blu-ray software supplied by HP with my HP Touchsmart PC. After numerous attempts at trying to play my blu-rays I decided that I have had enough! I need a proper software dedicated to this. I am very happy with my choice. I downloaded a trial version at first to see if it works and then I went for the full version from Amazon at an attractive price. I have not had any problems since hence I am very happy with my purchase.
on 9 July 2011
i don't know why this is getting bad reviews i ordered this friday morning recieved it saterday morning and everything work's as described.no problems at all. buy it the 3d is amazing.
VINE VOICEon 24 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a Dell laptop Inspiron 1750 running Windows Vista which must be about 4 or 5 years old now. I wanted Poweredvd mainly for the blu- ray playback as my old software was very out of date and would not play current blu -ray discs. I did not have any trouble installing Powerdvd 11 and installed the recommended update from the cyberlink website. I tested it on cd audio discs, DVD and blueray discs which it plays with out any trouble at all.
I did however have trouble getting it to play audio tracks saved on my hard drive, which it appeared to play but didn't have any sound. I played around with audio settings for sometime which had no effect whatsoever. In the end I emailed technical support. They replied within 12 hours which I thought was pretty good for a weekend. Following their advice I updated drivers on my pc which had no effect. I then uninstalled powerdvd, did a system restore, then updated the drivers , then reinstalled powerdvd. This worked and I could play my audio tracks. But I hadn't installed the update patch so I did this and lost the audio again. I then undid the patch and everything seems to work ok now.
Having done all this I don't like the music file playback as it seems you can only play files from one folder at a time. In order to play a random selection of music you have to create a playlist by navigating to each folder and dragging and dropping the music files onto the playlist.
This is the same for photographs, you can only view one folder of photos at a time. You can create a slideshow by dragging and dropping each picture onto a list.

I tried connecting the remote Powerdvd to my ipad but that doesn't work , the ipad finds the server ok but won't connect to it.
This is a shame as I can see the uses for this.

The social networking aspect of the software doesn't really interest me so I have not tried it at all. I don't have 3d capability.

I did like the fact that it came with a user guide book as well as the pdf help file and I found the user interface very easy to navigate, the settings were easy to find and change. I also liked the online access to information about new movies and dvds.

For my personal needs, Powerdvd is not a onestop solution, I will use it for disc playback, I am very happy I can now watch my blu-ray discs. Music and photos, I will continue to use the programs I use now. It is possible that I will use other aspects of Powerdvd over time.
on 18 December 2014
OK
VINE VOICEon 22 March 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have some other Cyberlink software which works very well, but unfortunately, my present computer operating system does not seem to have the necessary spec to make this programme work properly.

Ohter reviewers will be able to give a better run down on the actual programme itself, but I would caution would be purchasers that they should be aware that they need to check their computer spec carefully before purchase.
on 26 May 2012
not sure yet only just got it time will tell but seems to be ok played some dvds , blueray and 3Ds , will look into some more soon
VINE VOICEon 10 October 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Ultra software generates excellent picture and sound quality. I have a 3D TV that gives a simulated 3D picture from a 2D source, but PowerDVD does the conversion much more convincingly. I did have some trouble getting the software to load, and the activation key was rejected on my first two attempts. I have no idea why, but my third attempt was successful. This is quite a bulky piece of software, and I have to say that the inclusion of a number of functions that most modern PCs already have is pointless, and only serves to waste space on hard drives. However, there is no denying how easy Ultra 11 is to use, and how great the results are, particularly when watching BluRay content. I would have given this 5 stars but for the inclusion of many functions already present in Windows 7. If you are a serious movie fan, this is definitely recommended. Do not settle for the very poor Standard version of PowerDVD which can be identified by its cheaper price and orange/red box.
VINE VOICEon 17 November 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Yes you can get other media players free online but Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra is a TRUSTED feature rich media player that will play pretty much everything you throw at it.

Most Freeware Media Players are free for a reason, they come bundled with a bunch of other potentially unsafe files that you don't even know you have installed. You also find yourself having to download extra codec's in order to play different file types.

That said, I do still think it is a little expensive for what it actually does and if Cyberlink could find a decent enough price for this software then more people would purchase than go looking for free software.

Overall this is excellent media software with the addition of 3d. If you are an avid Movie Fan then its worth the investment.
VINE VOICEon 21 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I boughtb this for a laptop which came without a DVD decoder, altohugh Windows Media Player was installed (2nd hand from work). Great purchase: installs quickly, runs beautifully. Plays back DVDs without any problem. I use it with Windows XP.

The best description of the product is: a fully functioned Media Player for Window (7, Vista, and XP). This means it also has a library etc. I've only scratched the surface so far in discovering what it can do. I don't have a BluRay player, so I can't comment on that facility.
VINE VOICEon 23 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
... But it is complex! I am still trying to get all my devices connected, but when running purely on my laptop, it is very good. Way better than Real Player and Windows Media Player in both appearance & functions, I am sure that when my brain gets round all the ins and outs of it, it is going to be quite a package!

I will update this once I have it all figured out. Don't hold your breath though!