on 18 June 2015
Sometimes I think people are either too easily pleased, don't read enough or have enough diversity in their reading material to base their reviews on. This book was okay, nothing more and certainly did not warrant the five star reviews. The hero Quin was absolutely horrible, selfish, inconsiderate, nasty and downright cruel. Mind you, can't really blame him, the heroine was one of those too stupid to live women, it took her about 10 chapters before she realised who the person leaking the letters was. Plus I didn't get the love between these two, just didn't work somehow. When are some authors (female) going to stop letting the man always get the better of the woman in any argument and stop forgetting his awful mistreatment of her just to have sex. I loved Quin's friend Jonas though, he was the only bright light in this otherwise dim tunnel.
One person found this helpful
on 15 September 2016
A very enjoyable read.The heroine, Aurora has great imagination which she writes in her journal.She loses the journal on a day out and it is found by our hero, Quin. At a ball he compromises Aurora and they have to marry. Pages from her journal go missing and are published in the society paper. Quin takes Aurora to his country house to avoid the condemnation of the 'ton'. The relationship between the two develops and I have both laughed and cried in parts.Would recommend the book.
on 8 May 2017
Cartoon characters, total improbability, this is a real mish mash of stereotyped romance characters dosed with improbable sex. It feels as though the author threw every combination at it, including modern slang such as "move your arse". To be fair, it's not badly written and has a certain mad appeal - but not to me!
on 17 October 2012
My first Catherine Gayle book, and I loved it. The characters are very well drawn, and the interaction between Aurora and Quin is all you would expect of a good author. The twists and turns until we finally arrive at a very satisfactory ending keep you wanting to go on to the next page and the next (even if it is well past bed time!) Definitely worth reading.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 July 2012
this is the first book I have read of Catherines, and I was pleasantly surprised at the depth of the characterisation of the protagonists. Neither of them was perfect , and is common with this genre the woman Aurora was quite strong and opiionated, but then , if she was weak ,there would have been no story. All in all I found this a very satisfactory read and have already downloaded 2 more of her books.
10 people found this helpful
on 6 October 2014
Good historical romance. Makes a change for the male lead to be a rake to start with and then be transformed by his wife into a reputable gentleman. Aurora is of course a strong character, but as other reviewers have said, neither lead characters are perfect.

Don't be misled by the picture - Quin has long hair, not the modern style shown!
on 11 February 2014
Fantastic read so good l just could not put in down a must read for all who love romance as this book covers all the love and romance with laugh out load moments you need and at the same time you to get to know all the characters in the book a very well writing book and l can't wait to read more by this author thanks Catherine Gayle
on 5 April 2018
Excellent value for money. Recommended.
on 6 February 2014
I'll be honest I really struggled to get in to this book at first but as soon as he found her journal, that was it for me.. there was just now way that book was going to be put down. I loved all of the characters within the book and I'd most certainly read more by this author. Very enjoyable storyline
on 16 January 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and can honestly say that is was one that I hated to put down. I particularly like the Heroine and her strong will. A really interesting and at times funny , sometimes sad story. I will certainly look out for more books by Catherine Gale.