on 10 August 2013
I have had my magic bar for over three years now. When it arrived I inserted my apple key board and a connection was made without any fuss.

You can leave it in the magic charger or take the key board out...

Its never let me down and I am surprised to read negative comments about this product,I can only assume that some people had bad luck in getting a faulty bar

The saving in batteries over the last three years has more than payed for it. !!

The only reason I am making this review is just how surprised I am at the negative comments. I will be buying a spare .just in case!! as over three years use with no fault in todays throw away market is in itself an achievement.
on 31 May 2015
Despite all the negative reviews, I found this to be nothing short of excellent. It worked straight away with my wireless keyboard and charged up to solid green overnight on the first night. I was so pleased, I bought another two, one for my trackpad and the other for a colleague's wireless keyboard. All have worked just as advertised. It is true that the re-charge is not that fast (overnight from 40% to full is fine) but in the real world that is no drawback at all. I just put one or the other onto the charging bar every two or three days (whenever I remember!) and, so far, have never gone below 40%. I'm very happy with my purchase - especially at the price I pad for them.
on 8 February 2014
Does and excellent job on the trackpad and keyboard, but check before buying as you will find that it is not compatible with the three battery version of the keyboard.

When charging a keyboard and tracky, you would imagine you would buy one kit, which includes the charger and battery, then buy the battery separately for the trackpad. Do your homework and you will find it less expensive to buy two complete kits. Doesn't add up but at least you have a spare charge bar, even though you will probably never need it.

Overall a nice elegant touch to the uncluttered desk of the apple user...if there is such a thing.
on 25 August 2015
So, I didn't really read all of the reviews before I purchased this item. It's no wonder it's so cheap as it appears as if this company don't have any quality control whatsoever. Unboxed it, plugged it all together and plugged it in. Nothing, no lights no charging, completely dead.

My guess is that buying Mobee is like some kind of weird social experiment. "I know, let's make something that appears to be really good, manufacture it in China, pay no attention to quality control, have a website that's about as informative as a brick and then flog it to unsuspecting geeks on Amazon, then wait to see whether the punters complain when the shoddy goods don't work". Guess what? They are complaining.

I was considering buying the magic mouse charging system, but after the inconvenience of having to return this, there's no way I'd buy another Mobee product.
on 7 April 2016
Worked fine for a few months but then the cap of the battery fell off exposing the solenoid which I have tried to rewind and insert but no longer works. The cap is only glued on and is easy damaged especially as the keyboard it was attached to goes into my laptop bag. Such a shame that the cheap build quality of the cap has now made the entire setup useless unless I purchase a replacement battery which is looking to cost as much as the battery and charger itself.
on 2 January 2016
Good quality and matches in with the rest of my iMac equipment perfectly and most importantly no more running out of batrries
on 18 July 2015
The overall design is nice enough, and integrates well with the iMac design, but I seem to have to charge my keyboard so often it doesn't even feel like it's truly wireless. I've only had the keyboard for a couple of months, and I've only had this bar for a little while and used it a handful of times, and I always remember to turn off my keyboard before leaving my computer, but it just won't hold a charge beyond a few hours. Disappointed with that.
on 15 June 2015
Really good. The charge is lasting ages, so tucked nicely under my computer. It looks the part with an Apple computer. Saves time messing around with batteries.

The packaging was a bit over-styled (from a recycling perspective), but I guess they wanted to give the impression of it being a well designed product.

This product was exactly what I was looking for. Would recommend it.
on 17 March 2016
Great product. Ordered 2 as it was cheaper than buying an additional battery. Very much recommended.
on 25 April 2014
Extremely elegant alongside my iMac, and keeps my Magic Trackpad charged while the machine is sleeping. You can also use the trackpad as normal while it is sitting in the charger cradle. But ignore the % state of charge value in OS/X! Even with a fully charged battery pack, it indicates no more than about 39%. Internet research suggests that this is because the bluetooth drivers in OS/X expect 1.5V alkaline cells and not the lower voltage rechargeable cells in the Mobee battery pack.