on 28 April 2012
Not another compilation CD, I hear you say, of Opera's greatest arias,yet this is a really splendid compilation which appeals to the purist and non-specialist alike.Warner Classics has amassed some splendid recordings:Cristina Gallardo-Domas singing the aria "O mio babbino caro" from Gianni Schicci and still making it sound fresh,Dido's lament from Purcell's Dido and Aeneas in a memorable performance by Veronique Gens,Cecilia Bartoli's " Voi che sapete" from Figaro and Barbara Hendrick's "Si,mi chiamo Mimi" are both stunning.Add Thomas Hampson,Bryn Terfel,Placido Domingo and Carreras to the cast of performers and you have a double CD of extraordinary quality.
0Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 November 2017
Bought this to introduce my son to the, shall we say refined side of music, before I take him to see La Boheme at the Royal Opera House. I want him to experience not just rock concerts, but all genre's of music live, and yes ballet is on the agenda to. He loves theatre so we are halfway there. This album is perfect as an introduction and he already has his favourite arias.
on 11 October 2015
Quite a good collection of music to relax to. Big names and professional performances, and mastered quite well. Nothing to complain about. Probably not one for collectors or music buffs as the various tracks are from random performances and aren't anything special in themselves.

I brought it because I wanted a selection of tracks to listen to that had good clear vocals and an orchestral accompaniment, and I wasn't disappointed.
on 9 February 2018
many great recordings but I would say a few fillers thrown in which really wasn't any need for as theirs other great recordings that could have been included instead
on 3 November 2013
A great CD filled with the popular arias but also some less well known ones, a real bargain if you buy the CD and get auto rip for your MP3 player!
on 19 May 2015
I asked myself this when I was told about this music.....

A must for opera lovers or even for those who do not ...... as is the case with myself!
This was recommended to me and you know what.... I am glad it was, a lovely selection of opera related music and songs with relaxation included, try it and see....
on 12 August 2017
brilliant
on 22 December 2017
Hauntingly beautiful vocals and soaring instrumentals - a lovely compilation.
on 14 February 2018
Love some tracks,disliked others(when they"screech" or "boom"!)
on 16 August 2016
Not one but two CDs for your listening delight. Marilyn Horne, Placido Domingo, Eva Urbanova, Julia Migenes to name but a few are here plus many others. You don't have to be an opera buff to enjoy this scintillating selection!