TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 August 2013
Just what I needed from a case - good quality leather product that houses the Playbook securely. Plus points are the leather covering which is high quality, the brushed felt inner which protects the screen and the elastic wraparound strap which keeps the case closed when required.

Slight minus points are the rubber buttons on the case which I find hard to use for the volume control. More often than not I find myself moving aside the rubber case surround to access the buttons directly for greater control - then again the actual volume buttons are not that responsive either!

The case enables access to all of the ports however if you use the desktop charger you need to take the Playbook out.

In use the case lid folds back on itself like a book cover.

Overall, just what you need from a table case. Recommended.
The case is a Genuine Case, Good quality leather, looks nice and it is functional! Depends what you want in a case, if you want a classy case, which is also practical! Then this is your case of choice people!
on 20 February 2012
This case is excellent - really great quality, makes your playbook look just like a moleskin notebook, protects the playbook nicely and the cover folds back neatly to lift the playbook up at a nice angle for typing.

Slight down-sides:

1 - you can't access the charger with the case closed - means you have to leave the thing open overnight to charge,
2 - when you open the playbook up and fold the cover back the playbook is upside down. This doesn't really matter as such in that the screen will flip, but looks a little messy,
3 - cover on, the playbook is slightly too large to comfortably fit into my jacket pocket - if it were slightly smaller it would slip in a lot more easily.

Some reviewers state that the volume buttons don't work with the cover on - not the case for me - works fine.

All in all it's a great, stylish and robust cover for a great price, a bit like the playbook itself then, and I would thoroughly recommend it - enjoy.
on 18 January 2012
This is a must for Playbook owners... It's an original BB Leather Folio Case that is absolutely Perfect in all respects:

1 - Fits snugly into toughened Plastic inner frame
2 - the frame has holes to allow connectivity
3 - the back of the case has a purpose-built hole so you can take snaps without the need to take the playbook out
3 - there is a smart outer impression on the frame to allow you to use the Play, Volume and On/off buttons
4 - there is a rather neat looking folio strap which keeps the binder closed when not in use.
5 - the Case is in grained leather so looks and feels top notch

Well Done Amazon !!!

now just waiting for that OS 2.0 upgrade :-)
on 17 April 2012
The case is of quite good quality and fits the Playbook like a glove. They have the casing upside down in my opinion. If the "cut outs" for the on/off/volume were exchanged with the ones for charging you would be able to charge the unit whilst the case was closed. You have to leave the cover open in order to attach the charging cord. Generally it is a good product and probably the best I have seen for the Playbook.
on 16 February 2014
I loved my Playbook so much that I even bought another one with 64GB of storage. I got rid of them now, but I kept them in immaculate condition, thanks to this journal case. The leather is very good quality and they are nicely understated, so I could just have my Playbook with me without feeling like a tool. My only criticism is that the volume buttons are a bit hard to press.

In my mind, the Blackberry Playbook was still the best tablet ever produced for multitasking. I wish my iPad Mini with Retina Display, running iOS 7 had the same way of running multiple applications. Having this leather case was instrumental to my enjoyment in using my Playbooks. Goodbye, Blackberry!
on 9 February 2012
This cover is generally very well-designed, fitting the Playbook closely. The leather feels good, while the elastic is a less strong fitting than the elastic on a Kindle cover. There are cutouts for the camera and ports, although the buttons on the top of the Playbook have to be pushed very firmly to register. I am very pleased with the cover overall, although a slight redesign might make the button controls easier to use.
on 4 September 2013
In my opinion this is the best case for the playbook. High quality product with good stitching and fits absolutely perfectly. The only negative things are that you can't charge the playbook with the case closed (but all the cases i've bought so far have had the same problem, regardless of manufacturer)and the volume and power buttons are a little more awkward to press because they are actually covered by new external buttons on the case edging. On the plus side though these external buttons protect the playbook even further and I would think are a lot more splash proof than the actual buttons on the tablet. Overall a very good case that does it's job and looks expensive.
on 27 March 2015
I bought this for a blackberry playbook it fits perfect and is just pure quality the delivery was warp speed quick and the seller was brilliant it protects my playbook and looks so buisness like its well worth the price and excellent value for money.
on 31 July 2011
The stylish leather binder arrived next day after ordering it, the PlayBook fits perfectly and matches 100% the previously bought BlackBerry leather holder, making a great set for the accessory-conscientious. The price is right too, some 30-40% less on Amazon than on other sites that I have checked, including BlackBerry's.