on 12 July 2017
Use these for kickboxing and Ju-Jitsu training twice a week, very sturdy and nice to have for support, especially if you're doing a lot of roundhouse / leg kick practise into pads. I bought the black ones and the transfer / lettering came off after 1 wash - although I'm not bothered as just peeled it all off and it has a nice dark grey 'RDX' lettering which actually looks better!. Couple of guys I train with (do MMA and tae-kwon do as well) have these and they think they're good too.

The material quality is top notch, there's not been any stretch-and-give - they still hold their shape and elasticity and wash really well (just air-dry don't put in the dryer). The edges of the foot / heel area are rounded and stitched nicely so don't fray (although the front of the foot holes are starting to look a bit worn on mine but that's more to do with kickboxing training on a hard gym floor rather than a softer matted floor I think so not much of an issue with the actual material itself).

Overall very, very satisfied (as is normal with RDX gear) and will be getting another pair. Guaranteed to elevate your sex appeal and XP points too ...
on 1 April 2017
The ankle support gives my ankle enough extra support so it doesn't hurt whilst walking and changing gear.
I don't like the gold writing that's on it, so just turned it inside out, problem solved.
The fact you get two is wonderful so either one in wash and one on, or wait for the other ankle to play up!
3 people found this helpful
on 6 November 2015
Don't be put off by the word 'boxing'! I have tendonitis and this really helps to give support when walking distances.
They are very good value, wash well and I will certainly buy again if I need them. Great colour choice too!
6 people found this helpful
on 16 February 2018
So I recently decided to purchase this as I have been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I’ve injured my right ankle quite badly back in the past. I’ve only so far used it once and I definitely feel the difference and the support.

It fits quite snug and warm. My foot size is 7.5 but I have a bit of a wide feet therefore with some shoes I’m an 8 and I took medium size for this.

The only reason this is a 4 star and not 5 star is mainly because of the print of ‘RDX’. Before I even washed it, bit of the print was already coming off. This is not really a big deal because as a support, it’s actually surprisingly pretty good. So if it will bother you that the print will come off quickly, then you might wanna look for something else.
One person found this helpful
on 3 July 2017
The product was said to support the Achilles' tendon. I wore it for the first time today and could only wear it for half a volleyball session. The back end of it dug into my Achilles so much that I had to take it off and put on my kanesiotape which completely stopped the pain. The hole point of it was to avoid using the tape.
I have what is turning out to be a repetitive Achilles tendinitis, and I wanted an ankle support that is reusable. I had hoped the product would do the job. It feels manageable with walking but as soon as I start playing and I'm not even trying that hard, it dug and hurt.
So my verdict is it is not a good product for Achilles tendon support.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 July 2015
I bought this as an alternative to a more robust ankle support thinking it would be a less intense supporting sock. It's actually quite strong in this respect and much tighter than I anticipated. It is for this reason that I found it only really comfortable for wear without any trainers as it kept rolling in the shoe but on a bear and free foot it provided solid support. It does not give the feeling of total support and I think this is only likely a product you'll need if you have a slight sprain or some swelling you want to suppress while carrying out light activity. Not robust enough for longer activity in my opinion but still worth considering as a second support after recovering some way with a more robust support.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 March 2014
These came really quickly and there were 2 in the pack which was good because then you have a spare to use while one is in the wash. They are white, though the picture shows black but that doesn't matter to me. (Although black would probably look more stylish!) But it doesn't matter as they are comfortable enough for me to wear under black tights at work so can't really be seen unless you look closely!

I went for the small size as I'm quite thin and wanted to reduce the swelling on my strained ligament. It'scomfortable enough to wear all day and I really notice the difference in swelling and puffiness when I don't wear this. My injury is about 99% fixed now and I was able to run a half marathon last week but there is still some lingering swelling at the end of the day when I don't wear this... Though I try not to use it every day because I want to build up the strength in my ankle.

Overall great purchase, does the job and I would recommend.
on 11 January 2018
Reasonable for martial arts. I use them for MMA training. After one wear the letters came off and after a couple they didn't feel as tight. You cant use them for running etc as the seams on the ends are rather big and dig into your feet with trainers on top of them. There are better alternatives if you are running with sore Achilles' tendons.
on 22 March 2016
These seem to offer good support and relief and do exactly what I was hoping for. My only concern really was the fact they came up small. I used the on-page guide to sizes and still got it wrong after I had someone check it for me. I wanted a tight firm support, but it is just a wee bit too tight to keep on, so only use if I really need to.

I shall buy again though, and this time a size larger.
One person found this helpful
on 1 August 2017
These really do the job in giving good foot and ankle support for MMA but after one hours wear the lettering came off making them look a bit tatty. Obviously that doesn't affect how good they are though and would have given 5 stars but for this happening. My ankles feel really supported in them and I would still purchase them again if need be.
review image