Customer reviews

Solving the Cryptic Crossword
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.19

on 4 July 2016
I don't know if I downloaded this eBook wrong but I seem to have read it very quickly. There are some really informative pages but I think I'm missing out as it skipped lots of pages while reading. Maybe its because its an eBook format that's why I only gave it 3 stars
on 6 July 2014
Quite a helpful little book. I particularly like the list of words that are used by compilers to mean other things!
on 17 June 2016
A simple step approach is presented which is excellent for the geginner.
on 20 December 2014
Just a little booklet but really useful and informative.
on 18 February 2015
Some good ideas worth developing
on 7 December 2013
Met all my expectations after perusing the sample and purchasing the full version. I have no hesitation in giving it a hearty recommendation. Fully recommended.
on 2 May 2012
This was a cheap Kindle book and it really helped me start understanding the basic fundamentals about cryptic crosswords.

I keep it on my Kindle and refer to it when doing my crosswords (I am a beginner on Cryptics!)
on 1 February 2013
Ok as a basic guide, but the clues it gives as examples are laughably simple, rarely are the answers more than four words long. Look elsewhere if you want anything more than the very basics.
Andrew
Doncaster
on 9 May 2011
This guide is a must have for anyone who needs help soliving ant type of cryptic crossword. It is uniquely formatted and helped me to understand how a crossword compiler creates a crossword in he first place. The Author is a published crossword compiler and well respected in his field. I refer to this guide each time I get stuck on a clue to try and dissect the problem.

Without this guide, I was completely lost when solving the complex clues. If you have ever been stuck solving a crossword, this guide makes it clear. With references to help you go through the specific problem.

I was apprehensive about purchasing the guide as it is only 14 pages, but I am glad I did. I was so impressed I visited [...] and bought the hard copy for a relative.

With an app coming shortly, get this guide and star understanding how a crossword compiler thinks!
on 5 September 2013
I always found it tedious having to read through the lengthy cryptic crossword solving guides that are around, so this is absolutely great for a pocket sized guide, definitely helps out a lot, would highly recommend!

I read one of the other reviews and didn't think it was helpful as it purely states this is a pocket sized guide, if the customer read the description properly they would have realised it is only 14 pages.