on 6 November 2012
Just a quick note to say that I bought this to replace my original Eyecup on my Canon EOS 450D. One of the original eyecup's catches (little plastic hooks that hold it on) broke off meaning that the eyecup would just slip off the camera if I wasn't paying attention. Looking at the original and this new one side by side I can see the catches of the new one are not thin like the original and are much stiffer meaning it is less likely to break and is very firmly attached to my camera - now i can stop thinking about whether the eyecup is still there or not.
4 people found this helpful
on 31 July 2012
On my camera I have fitted a GGS III glass screen protector (I recommend this too) and the original Canon 550D eyecup was a loose fit on it. Sure enough the eyecup fell off one afternoon on a country walk, not to be seen again. I was a little hesitant about ordering the featured eyecup replacement because a previous reviewer complained that it would not fit on the Canon 550D. In fact it is quite a snug fit on the GGS III, which I regard as an advantage, and a tightish fit on the camera without the protector in place. The quality and appearance are similar to the original and although the rubber surround is a little thin and soft it is more than adequate for the purpose. The price is good and a fraction of that demanded for a Canon original. The order came within a few days of ordering and actually much faster than the delivery time advertised.

In summary I was well pleased with the product and the service.
One person found this helpful
on 24 February 2013
somehow managed to break the one on my camera. I had a look on Amazon and came across this one for very little money. It is not an original Canon piece but it looks and fits exactly the same as the original. I did look into buying an genuine replacement but the price was about 4 times as expensive as this. I recommend this product.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 January 2018
Excellent replacement for original eyecup that broke on my Canon 700d, good snug fit, but I have'nt used it enough to confirm longevity etc.
on 30 April 2014
I bought this item because the rubber on my original Canon item had peeled off. No matter how much I have tried it won't clip/push back into place.

This item is just as good and arrived packaged from Korea in less that 3 working days. Takes me that long to get the bus into the West End of London sometimes!
on 20 March 2015
So far it is still attached to the camera, which is something that can't be said for the 4 (yes, 4) genuine Canon eyecups I have had and speaks well for the stronger clips which it appears to have.
VINE VOICEon 30 June 2015
Concerned about buying a non-OEM version but needn't have been. Sold by a UK-based seller, came next day, fit my EOS 450d perfectly, even better than the Canon one.
on 4 June 2014
I bought this after losing my original eyepiece for my Canon 600D.

The Canon replacement is a lot more expensive and I really can't tell the difference between this and the original. Exactly what I was looking for.
on 12 April 2014
No where near as good as the original canon one, the rubber is hard to put your eye and it's actually quite uncomfortable.
Although it fits into the slot on the camera okay.
It feels very cheap indeed. Unlike the canon one which is really sturdy but has a soft rubber.
on 27 January 2013
As my title says, this acts as a perfect replacement for the original Canon one which fell off and was then chewed up by one of our dogs, after which it didn't fit.
2 people found this helpful