on 24 March 2017
I have to say that after reading vagabonds I really wasn't expecting to like this book, but I can honestly say this story had me gripped from the start and kept my interest till the end. Yes thankfully although this book is part of a series it can be read as a standalone unlike others that just as you reach the climax your told to purchase another book to find out what happens next.
I'm looking forward to reading what lies aead for Johnny and Katie
on 19 November 2014
It's a really nice, sweet romance with a rock and roll taste.

Jade's writing is brilliant as always, she had me hooked from the first few chapters. The only reason I can't give it higher stars I found the two characters annoying!! They had been friends for years but didn't talk!!! I just wanted to bash there heads together, but I did really enjoy the story behind them. If that makes any sense!!
on 12 February 2017
Wow, Katie and Johnny's story is wonderful . Full of intensity and some misunderstandings along the way! Beautiful though. An incredibly hot read that keeps you turning the pages!
on 20 April 2013
BOOK REVIEW - Tangled Web (Tangled Web #1) - Jade C.Jamison - 4.5*

I've said it before and I will say it again; Jade C. Jamison is a rock star in her own right. She's the Les in Paul, the Lita in Ford and the Achilles in my Heel. Damn, that woman knows how to pull off a rock star romance. Since reading Bullet, (which blew my socks off by the way), Jade has fast become one of my favourite writers in the rock `n' roll romance genre. Every story I have read of hers categorically delivers in the `believability factor' with characters that are strong and likeable. But her strongest talents lie in her ability to portray emotion. With her books you experience it all; Lust, confusion, helplessness, fear and love. Her intimate scenes are something to write home about too as they are not sordid in anyway, but beautiful and real, enabling the reader to fully appreciate the characters and connect with them on a personal level.

Tangled Web is a romantic novella, written in past and present tense, based on two best friends who connected early in childhood. Johnny Church was a gangly kid who barely made it through school - more interested in playing computer games and learning the guitar.

Katie Logan was a bright, yet shy girl with good grades and a secret love for Heavy Metal.

With hormones making an appearance in high school and with Johnny's first battle of the bands gig, Katie starts to see her best friend in an all new light, there's only one problem - he's doesn't appear to be interested. Katie believes that he views her more as a sister than a potential love interest and as his newfound High School popularity sores, its obvious Johnny isn't lacking attention from the other female students, including all `those' beautiful and unrelenting cheerleaders.

Now, years later... Johnny is a successful lead Guitarist going by the name of J.C. Gibson, touring the world and continuing to entertain hoards of fans at every tour pit stop. He is living the life he always dreamed.

Katie on the other hand has hit stalemate. Her life is boring. Her dream of becoming a writer has passed her by, as she struggles to cope with her job in Child Protection Services. She lives in a big house, with Sam, her cat, and a fiancé who is never home due to work commitments. Her only solace is escaping into the confines of a book with a glass of wine as she unwinds from her emotional and stress-filled day.

It's been a year or so since she last saw Johnny, as he likes to darken her doorstep on rare occasion when passing through town, this time being no exception. A knock indicates a surprise visit and she is relieved to see him alive and well (unlike the last time), as they spend the evening together like old times. Two best-friends reconnecting and sharing beer and pizza, everything the same as it once was.

Until...

They kiss...

With past feelings re-emerging, an overwhelming need prevails as they both conclude their evening together tangled in Katie's bed sheets.

But... Katie is engaged to another and as guilt rears its head and she admits to Johnny of her circumstances, he looks crushed. As he walks out of her door a second time, Katie believes she has lost the one person she loved the most...

Hurt, alone and feeling isolated, Katie succumbs to the realisation that she is unhappy with her life, which in turn, spurns her forward as she makes some life-altering decisions - but first she needs to reconcile with her best friend, she just hopes he is more than willing to listen... and forgive.

Being a Novella, Tangled Web is a fast paced read, making no concessions about how the Rock `n' Roll lifestyle can, at times, darken the brightest of doorways. Be prepared to read about sex, drugs, and how Toxicity was the best album that System of a Down ever produced. Yes... I agree with you entirely, Mr Gibson!

Rock/Metal romance junkies, please make sure you add Jade to your To-Read shelf if you haven't already. You will be sorely disappointed if you don't!

4.5 STARS.
on 2 January 2013
....are just some of the trite words used in this novel. I managed to get half way through before giving up. I lost it when the 'famous rocker' (read 34 y.o has been) had sex with his old school friend and then has a hissy fit because she didnt tell him she was engaged. This coming from a guy that had supposedly hundreds of women.

If you believe the blurb below it was explicit sex. It wasn't. As for eff bombs, you would hear more in a Catholic Church then in the book.

The summary reads'Warning: Not for the faint of heart! This book contains explicit sex, drugs, and rock and roll, not to mention a few eff bombs here and there. Proceed with caution'.
Ergh, what rubbish.
on 26 November 2012
I can't believe this book has so many poor reviews. I loved it so much it was a great read that I couldn't put down. I loved Johnny and Katie and how they had loved each other all there lives but were just to scared to tell each other. Everyone should read this book it was sweet and very romantic
on 27 July 2013
For 64p I won't complain to much had I paid full price I would have kicked myself. This book has a great story line and has the potential to have been a really good story... But unfortunately it's vague, it's rushed and to much happens in such a short story, had the writer stretched the story lines out and ,ace the book longer it would have been an awesome, unfortunately for me it was just to short and vague.
on 14 August 2016
Friends to lovers. A story across the years of many wrong times, and wrong places. Beautifully written by the awesome Jade C. Jamison set against a music backdrop which demonstrates her passion for music as well as unique story telling.
on 29 April 2014
Great story, it just goes to show that if your open and honest about your feelings then maybe you could save yourself years of heartache.
Loved the current vibe and the rock star theme just wish it had been a little longer.
on 16 December 2012
I enjoyed book & katie & Johnny relationship first book I've read by jade c. Jamison very cheap price which is Bonus I saw review that said book wasn't that good but I enjoyed it.