Colour: Moving Circles|Size: B|Change

on 13 January 2017
Positives: Arrived on time. Sturdy ironing board with larger-than-average which makes ironing sheets/duvet covers etc a bit easier. Feet on one I received are stable so there isn't loads of rocking when you're trying to iron. The height is adjustable and it can go up quite high, so is good if you're on the taller side. You can also use it when sitting down - as long as the surface your sitting on is not too low. (Check measurements before purchasing to make sure it meets your requirements.)

Negatives: ironing board is very sturdy as stated, but that is partly to do with the weight of it; it is quite heavy so if you have joint/ mobility issues or have difficult carrying heavier items (for example, if you're a Senior Citizen) it's probably not the best type for you. I tend to 'walk' it around on the odd occasion that I wish to transfer it to a different room and need to move it over a greater distance. Whilst it can be used when sitting down, it's tricky trying to fit your legs in. It's also a bit stiff so when you want to adjust the height you need to rotate it 90 degrees and rest it sideways on the ground to adjust the height. But that also means that once it's in place, it doesn't slip out of position.
(N. B. The metal stand that you rest the iron on does not have any holes in but whether or not that's a 'negative/ positive' depends on your preference obviously.)
Overall, I am pleased with the purchase.
on 16 April 2017
I already have a Brabantia board the same size as this and love it. However I couldn't put my steam generator on the iron rest as it was too heavy and left the generator at an angle, so the water used to drip out. I had been pulling a side table up to put the generator on, but I saw this and thought it would solve the problem. I ordered one and when it arrived noticed that there was no laundry shelf, so although I wouldn't need to pull my side table up to put my iron on, I was now going to have to pull it up to put my ironed clothes on! I had therefore spent over £40 for no benefit! Luckily my Mum bought it from me as she irons next to the dining table so it wasn't a problem for her. It may not be a problem for everyone, and if not, this is a good size sturdy board. but if you iron in the middle of a room to watch telly like me, it may not be for you.
on 5 July 2015
My old, trusty Brabantia ironing board finally gave up the ghost after 29 years service so it was an easy decision to buy another Brabantia board. You definitely get what you pay for, well constructed and a boon if you have, like me, an iron with steamer unit. The 'board" itself is actually rigid mesh which allows steam to evaporate so it's a good idea to place an old towel beneath your board if you are doing a lot of ironing as I found a few drips on my oak floor after a marathon ironing session.
on 10 March 2017
Great ironing board well shaped for ironing shoulders on shirts tops etc
I find opening it a bit awkward as my old one had a release handle on the opposite side but I'm sure I will get used to that and don't let that put you off as it's a great ironing board does what it says on the tin
on 16 April 2017
I bought it as a warehouse deal unfortunatly it was not fit for purpose as it was broken. I had no problem returning it, and bought another model which I'm very happy with.
on 2 March 2017
Really impressed with this board, very sturdy and so easy to use.
In my mind one of the best around
on 8 March 2017
This is a quality item, I expect it to last longer than it's 20 year old predecessor.
on 5 December 2016
Very solid table .The wider width makes it easier to iron all items and it is taller than other boards so makes ironing a lot easier for a tall person like me .
on 29 March 2015
Great for the missus with her big steam generator iron. But it does allow condensation to drip through to the floor. Perhaps changing the cover would help but the one which comes with the board should do the job.
on 8 June 2017
Exactly what my wife wanted, stable with wide surface.