on 13 January 2012
Don't buy this item expecting your baby to bounce!!!
Bought this for our little one who is 6months. I'm a fan of Bright Starts having previously purchased the Sensory Development Play Gym (GREAT!!!!) and the Tummy Cruiser (Good!). all of which come with a added toys to help baby develop and interact. our baby uses the toys even on their own.
Back to the bouncer - as I'm a fan, and love to by my son new things to aid his development, i maybe a bit bias towards Bright Starts. The bouncer is more of a swing, it has no bounce in the mechanism what so ever for a baby of 6 months, maybe if your baby is a little heavier than 16lbs, the rubber elastic is just too thick to aid bouncing. However our son likes it for short periods of time 15-30mins, so as soon as he's in and content, as it is also comfortable for him to sit in, make a dash for whatever needs doing, before he starts fussing. If you raise the bouncer so his little feet are just of the ground, also checking it is secure around the door frame it can be used as a gentle swing with adult interaction!!! If you want a bouncer go for the Tippitoes Doorway Bouncer, which our son gets his hot-stepping on - that's the one!!!!!
Also Tesco Direct sell it cheaper, and can have it to you in days rather than this long lead time!!!
on 5 October 2012
I bought this for my daughter who is 8 months old, she has been in it twice and will not be going in it again, it's going in the bin! It doesn't bounce, it swings and more easily side to side than forward and backwards which means on the most recent time we used it we ended up with a bumped head on the doorframe and a lot of crying. I was there with her the whole time so it's not like she was left unattended, she just managed to swing herself straight into it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
on 22 April 2016
I boutght this because we had a jolly jumper and it is hard to strap the kid in. I looked at this one and it looked like it was easly top put a kid in. It is but it doesn't bounce. It's terrible. We still use the old jolly jumper in which the kid has loads of fun! Misleading advertizing Bright Stars.
on 19 April 2015
Does not bounce which is ridiculous as it advertises 2X the bounce of other bouncers. Never seen my baby look so bored. He just slumped in it and swung into the door frame from time to time. Awful product do not buy!
on 6 January 2013
Bought this as an Xmas present for my you g granddaughter! Loved all the attachments and it gave her plenty to discover.
on 25 February 2013
Was not sure if my son would like this but he is super active so thought I would give it a go. It has been a great success so far and as soon as he realised he could bounce he was delighted with himself
on 27 November 2012
this is ok. it needs a thick door frame, and its not got a lot of bounce, baby is quite happy to swing in it, if you are looking for a bouncer, then this is not the one to get.
on 8 December 2012
Exceeded my expectations. Very colourful with lots of toys to keep your baby interested. Bought as a gift for my new granddaughter and it has gone down a treat!
on 24 December 2012
Excellent quality, nice n bright, easy to put together. Although we've not Been able to try it out cos babies too small I no she's going to love it.
on 7 January 2013
Its Brilliant value for your money. good quality and my son absolutely loves it. Very please with this item. Do recommend it!

See one answered question