on 6 April 2017
I don't know about this machine yet. I've left it a few months before leaving a review and probably brewed around 200 coffees in it.

Pros
One button control
Fast
Generally tastes ok

Cons
This dispenses a lot of water in the tray!
No idea what the 3 coffee bean types are for, seems to make no difference
The milk frother is useless
The thing needs cleaning so often it's unreal.

I don't know how long i'll keep this before I end up chucking it on Amazon and trying another one but i'll give it another couple of months at least
on 10 July 2016
We bought this on a lightening deal.

We have owned several of the all in one coffee machines which use coffee pods and a few of the other ones that require a coffee grinder. This machine trumps them all by a country mile!

We decided to buy the solo with milk steamer, as opposed to just the espresso option. Choices then of lattes, cappuccino, etc.

We love it, on average we drink about 2/3 cups per day and so this machine is not used to its limits.

I will be honest though and say, its a bit of a labour of love if you follow the instructions and on screen cleaning programme. It needs descaling at least every 3 months and its recommend you run a monthly cleaning program. Follow the instructions (which obviously is difficult for us blokes) as its laid out in there step by step. But kudos to the machine, the symbols tell you whats needed, and then follow the step by step instructions.

Don't bother with the branded descaling tablets and fluids nor do i bother with the water filter. I use kilrock descaler.

For me its a great cup of coffee, latte, cappuccino, espresso, flat white what ever you want. Yes its expensive and a little fiddly with the cleaning, descaling and emptying of the unit, but, its brilliant and i would recommend it.

I use Levazza coffee beans, the crema ones, give them a go, they are awesome. (I'm not being paid to advertise, but trying).
on 9 March 2017
It makes very good coffee which I suppose is what is required from it. My partner bought it to replace a Magimix Robot that we had for about 8 years. Compared to that the Melitta doesn't seem as robust, doesn't produce hot milk as well and boy does it dump very wet grounds and a lot of water! It is however much simpler to use with very straightforward controls.
on 3 March 2016
Just unpacked it and plugged it in.......well tried to, it came with a Euro plug, not very good for a UK supplier, it even had EU stamped on the box, however I found a EU to UK adapter and off we go, it seems quite simple to work, the water level seems to have dropped a fair bit. It replaced an Illi capsule machine, I think I may have to hunt down Illy beans as I am quite used to the taste.

So marked down for having a EU plug and me waiting 15 minutes on the Melitta help line before I found the adapter.
on 31 December 2015
I love coffee and over the years have had many varied machines for making itncluding cafetiere, Tassimo, Nespresso, Espresso, filter jug, etc.
All of these have their strengths and weaknesses -Nespresso and Tassimo it is the cost of the posd which is a major drawback, and the others it is the mess and cleaning.
I have wanted a good quality bean to cup machine for some time, but have not been able to justify the cost, so when the Melitta was featured as deal of the day I took the plunge and bought it, and how glad I am!

Firstly, it produces fantastic coffee. The strength can be adjusted from 1 - mild, to 3 -strong, and the volume can be varied from a small espresso up to a large cup.
As a bean to cup machine, there is no faffing about tamping, measuring, etc.. You just press a button and off you go.
Cleaning is just a matter oe emptying the ďrip tray each day which is a very quick and easy job, and giving the brewing unit a periodic clean which again is not a difficult process.
Unless anything goes wrong, this is the last coffee machine I will buy - I love it.
on 2 July 2016
I spent a long term researching which bean to cup machine to buy, I'm so pleased I went with this one as a huge coffee fan.

Features:
3 X Bean Strength
Milk Faoming/heating arm
Different cup sizes from espresso to full cup

This machines likes to tell you when something needs doing:
Filling the water tank
Empty the grounds / overflow drawer
Descaling the machine (approx every 4 months)
Decalc the machine (approx every 200 cups/ 3months)

I would recommend buying the correct cleaning solutions/tablets for the last two options. I picked them up on the marketplace at a reasonable price.
on 1 January 2016
Right...... Coffee from this machine good, internally dumps quite a lot of water into the inside drip tray but easily emptied.
The main problem with this machine is the same as most of machines of this size, the milk steamer doesn't have any guts! By the time 200ml of milk is heated to 70 degrees it has become 300ml with the amount of condensate water added, sometimes I need to turn off the steam jet half way through, wait until the thing has caught itself up and steam again. Let's be clear 200ml of milk isn't much!
In summary worth the £240 deal price, probably not worth the standard Amazon price and certainly NOT worth the RRP (In my opinion)
on 3 March 2016
brilliant, easy to use, exceptional coffee (depends on the beans of course), and the self cleaning system is a dream
on 30 January 2015
Found Melitta machine easy to use makes great coffee and is a good attraction to any kitchen
on 19 February 2015
We are totally loving this, as regular coffee drinkers we have tried all types of coffee creation from stove tops to cafetiere, all are good but this takes all the trouble out of making coffee. No more grinding beans either.

We chose this machine because it can make a cup of coffee, all the others around this price are espresso machines. You will delve into a bottomless pit of information if you start asking whats best as "real" coffee drinkers insist espresso is the "only way". Anyway this thing can do upto 220ml of coffee, a proper cup. We place two cups (with a dash of milk already in) under the dual nozzle press the go button twice and a minute later we have two ready to drink coffees.

There are somethings to get used to, the midterm cleaning processes are a bit involved, but easy once you've understood it. And you need basic maintenance everyday, i.e. filling and emptying various parts.
As we drink 220ml coffee all the time from this thing we have to fill the water container very often and empty the water tray every day.

It looks great in silver, very stylish and elegant in the kitchen. Noisy when grinding but then any grinder will be. Haven't used the milk frother but according to the misses we "had" to have it!

It seems expensive but beans and cleaning agents aside, if you drink two cups of coffee per day and theirs two of you, you'll pay this off in six weeks! (based on £2.20 a coffee, 2 people, 2 coffees a day each)

So yeah totally love it, get one.