on 6 January 2014
Our 2 year old son absolutely loves to play with this toy, and it makes bath time a truly great time for him (and his dad).
There seem to be a lot of negative reviews on amazon, but I haven't experienced any problems. However, you'll need to push the boat underwater to fill the bottom part with water. If you don't do this the boat will not stay afloat and the canon won't work either. So maybe that's where other reviewers have gone wrong? (as it doesn't state this in any instructions.) If you use the canon, you may have to repeat the process to refill the boat with water in order to keep it afloat.
As long as the boat is filled with water, it floats with no problems and our son loves squirting the water from the different canons! Lots of fun and good quality.
18 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2017
Good basic bath toy. Bought for my 1 year old, he is a little young for it though as he can't work the cannon or water spout - the boat needs to he held stable to press the octopus down.
The whole boat needs submerging under water first to fill up the base, this keeps it stable. If you don't do this it will capsize, which I read is the issue some reviewers have had.
Lovely and sturdy and I love the bright colours and simple design.
One person found this helpful
on 26 April 2016
Fab toy. I read the reviews and submerged until filled with water and it was perfectly stable. The octopus will happily squirt water for ages the big cannon at the front will only fire 2 shots before you need to submerge the front to fill it up again.. Kids don't care they love it!
One person found this helpful
on 7 May 2015
THIS WOULD BE GREAT IF ONLY IT COULD FLOAT, IT DOES NOT! THE LITTLE PIRATE BOAT IS THE SAME . MY LITTLE
GRANDSON WHO IS TWO GETS VERY UPSET EVERY TIME WE MANAGE TO BALANCE IT, IT KEELS OVER. IT IS NOT FIT
FOR PURPOSE. IF I HAD BOUGHT IT LOCALLY I WOULD RETURN IT. DREADFUL, SHAME ON TOMY'S
on 5 April 2016
Waste of money, my son never plays with it. Doesn't float the right way round so is always upside down, to get the octopus to squirt you have to properly hold the ship in place. My son does however like the little life boat and the pirate - plays with that more than the ship.
on 29 March 2016
This got mouldy fairly quickly in spite of it being dried every day, for what it was I wouldn't say it's great value.
on 18 September 2017
nicely made, cannon doesn't work and other features are a bit fiddly
on 13 January 2017
As described
on 4 March 2014
I bought this for my 2 year old grandson and he loves it.

Well made, colourful and fun makes for an enjoyable bath time!

Would highly recommend it.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 November 2016
Lots of bath time fun to be had with this pirate ship my son loves it , the wee skooshing octopus is great.