Customer reviews

on 18 September 2013
I didn't think i would as i dislike purchasing celebraty perfumes - they just love to cash-in on their name without any real care of dedication to what they are doing.
Anyway, aside from Jessica Simpsons perfumes (Fancy & Love) this is the only other celebrity perfume that I really (surprising) love. The only complaint i have with this one is - it has good sillage but no lasting power, so reapplication is very necessary.
on 29 December 2014
Smells good, very compact. Ideal for throwing in your handbag and reapplying as needed throughout the day.
on 4 August 2015
my daughter loves this perfume
on 24 January 2015
Its really nice but I wish I had paid more attention to the size.
on 11 December 2014
It's katy Perry granddaughter will love it anyway
on 15 February 2015
Nice delicate hangbag size fragrance for my teenage daughter.
on 19 January 2014
My son gave this to his sister at Xmas. She loved it and handy for her bag and took on a winter holiday.
VINE VOICEon 29 December 2010
PURR is pure fruit on first application, both the peach and the apple are mouth wateringly sweet and very life-like. On me the peach is the strongest, but the fresher apple tones down the sweetness. I don't know what makes a apple forbidden - because it was what Adam and Eve ate? Anyway the apple here is fresh but still sweet. What I think is the bamboo quickly develops: It is watery but sweet [similar to coconut water]. I can also pick up a hint of something similar to musk, but I actually think this is the bamboo too.

The bamboo note is quite strong and carries all the through the perfume, so the floral notes remain mild and a bit watery, yet still fully developed and easy to pick out. On me the jasmine and freesia are the strongest notes, whilst the soft rose adds a slightly powdery effect. In addition to the florals the coconut milk mixes with the bamboo, lending the soft florals more depth. I'd also swear that there is rhubarb present too; I'm reminded of those boiled rhubarb custard sweets you used to get at the corner shop.

As the florals burn down the coconut milk accord fully develops and becomes richer, sweeter and creamier thanks to the amber, sandalwood and ever-present bamboo. I can detect the lightest hint of musk but it's quickly lost underneath the creaminess, but I can't separate the vanilla [orchid], but everything else is sweet and creamy so I wasn't really expecting to.

Scent notes: Peach, 'forbidden' apple, gardenia, green bamboo, jasmine, pink freesia, Bulgarian rose, vanilla orchid, creamy sandalwood, white amber, coconut and musk.

PURR is richer with the fruits then it is with the florals, so the lasting power is good but not great: I can still detect creamy coconut and sandalwood three to four hours after first applying it, but it's only a hint and is close to the skin.

As this is mild and sweet it seems like a playful fragrance, so the name and advertising really do suit it. I think that this is nice for daywear - both casual wear and for work. Some people may think that it's too sweet for work, but as it's quiet it won't bother your colleagues. As it's mild and not very long lasting people may class it as too 'gentle' for evening wear, but if you don't wear perfume whilst out for a statement and to be noticed then I think PURR is perfectly adaptable. Again; The 15ml spray is great for even tiny handbags.

When I first heard about this perfume I was doubtful that something containing peach, apple and coconut would appeal to me in the current minus six climate. But the fruits are so edible and quite sweet and the base is warm, soft and creamy, so I think that the overall 'rhubarb custard' effect makes a lovely autumn/winter fragrance. Off cause - since this has just been released - I don't yet know how it will wear during spring/summer; But I'm going to guess that as the fruits are rich and the florals light it will still be very wearable.

True; PURR is never going to become a classic fragrance and the scent notes have all appeared in countless other perfumes over the years, but it is an all year round, all occasions, reasonably priced EDP that comes in a cute and unique bottle. To me that beats out the expensive, statement perfumes that make up the best-sellers list.

Ralph Lauren' Ralph, Paris Hilton for Women, several J.Lo Glow flankers, the Ed Hardy perfume range and Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC all use similar scent notes in the fruity/floral family, so if you enjoy any of them them then you should definitely try this.

I was going to give PURR the full five stars, but seeing all of the similarly priced options on the market has made me decide to remove a star for unoriginality.
on 15 October 2016