Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 26 April 2014
I'm not a huge Johnny Vegas fan, but the reviews on this show were quite positive, and I thought it must be somewhat decent if it ran for 7 series.

The first few episodes I was kind of unsure, and afraid I had wasted money on a dud show. Once I finished the first series and got into the second, however, I was addicted. I love the characters - especially Jenny. I really like the fact that each episode isn't just another random story line, but that the same story continually progresses and snowballs into a bigger and bigger story. Almost every episode picks up exactly where the previous one left off - even between series, so it's intriguing to keep watching and see what happens next. I'm also starting to like Johnny Vegas' character more and more, and I find that overall the plot keeps getting better.

I'm only on series 4 right now, but so far I love it and would recommend it to anyone looking for something "ideal" to watch.
on 13 December 2011
IDEAL is a fantastic show and after the horrible decision taken by a misguided BBC controller to axe it after 7 seasons this collection is a must buy. All the memorable characters episodes and songs are featured as well as some very interesting special features including some great interviews with Graham Duff and others as well as the usual deleted scenes and unseen footage.
on 15 July 2017
no watched it all yet but canny wait .
on 21 April 2017
Smashing!
on 10 March 2017
As described
on 20 March 2017
Remembering the good old days of Ideal it is hilarious in a very strange way!!
on 31 January 2016
Strange series but worth watching
on 5 August 2014
Excellent so funny. Johnny Vegas is awesome. So is Graham Duff as Brian hes scummy
on 7 February 2012
Ideal is a great box set. Had a great time watching from start to finish. Would recommend this item to anyone who enjoys proper comedy :)
on 24 January 2013
I well remember that fateful day when I took my first step down that slippery slope to dependency. They said it wasn't addictive, so I tried one episode. Didn't like it much at first, but after a couple more,I soon began to enjoy the effects, and kept going back for more. Even when I developed sore, red eyes from watching too much, I didn't stop.I've just finished Series 2 and am dreading the day my supply dries up.Let this be a warning to others...