Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 7 May 2017
I read this book when I was younger and it was not one of my favourite Mary Stewart novels, however, having re-read recently I have to say that it was a very enjoyable easy read. The plot revolves around the usual Mary Stewart formula - a young woman, a young man, a mystery and fabulous scenery, but it is very well written and evokes the atmosphere not only of the turbulent landscape but also the rising tension in the storyline. It is obviously dated in its character's language, thoughts and actions but nevertheless I enjoyed reading the novel second time around and would recommend it.
on 27 September 2017
I first starting reading Mary Stewart books when I was a lot younger, and wanted to read one just to see what it meant to me know. It is a classic, so some in its time moments, but it was still full of suspense. It was set in a foreign land (a plus for me), but didn't reflex much of the atmosphere of that country. I enjoyed reading a Mary Stewart book that I hadn't read before, and still enjoyed her great control of suspense.
on 25 May 2017
Great story ... a bit dated but it was written a good number of years ago. The story of Jennifer rattles along at a fair rate with lots a description of places and people... with the threat of menace building throughout.
I first read this book around 40 years ago and, although tame by comparison to today's 'girl in peril' thrillers, I was as taken in by the story now as I was back then.
A Mary Stewart classic...
on 23 April 2017
How wonderful to find Mary Stewart again after all these years. This is an excellent mystery. I gave it four stars because it seems very dated and wordy.
on 24 November 2017
A good story, but a terrible mistake in the first chapter meant I very, very nearly left it unread. Quite glad I didn't, though.
on 9 August 2017
Great book. Prompt delivery
on 2 September 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 February 2015
An excellent novel. Mary Stewart is a brilliant storyteller.
on 2 August 2017
Well written
on 28 May 2017
As good as it was 30 years ago.