on 4 August 2017
great product it came fast , works great thx.
on 27 December 2012
As with any mainboard purchase, always make sure that the one you choose can do all that you need. This is a basic board, limited in connectivity and add-on potential, but was exactly what I needed. It has fulfilled all that I have asked of it and given me a low-priced upgrade to an older system.
It is also very compact, allowing plenty of room around it in the case, or is you are pushed for space already, perhaps that little bit extra lee-way once fitted for cabling.
Matched up with 8GB of ram, from an Amazon partner, and an E6600 dual core chip I'm very happy. I don't ask muck of my system, it is definitely more of a slogger putting up with my video coding and lighter browsing and music duties, but again, just what I needed.
on 19 April 2013
you know , these times are hard at the moment , i dont have the gaming board id like , but this stops me having to upgrade to an i7 just yet , enabling me to use my still good quad core cpu while taking advantage of the ddr3 ram (which works great).
i did the research , i thought that the single lane pci express would choke my hd5870 card in games but it doesnt at all , graphics and performance mean a lot to me and this performs well and doesnt restrict anything i throw at it. its not an expensive board so dont expect miracles but if you want it for the same reason i did then its a great buy.

oh and seller is good , arrived on time , well packaged and a good experience.
on 21 September 2013
When i first ordered this motherboard i was a socially awkward gamer, I didn't talk to many people online due to my irrational fear of not being accepted.

But after installing this motherboard (after my old one seemingly shorted), I gained the confidence to advance into new frontiers of game play, now i am a strong, confident leader, a light in the dark... a GOD among men!

And i owe it all to the Asrock G41M-VS3 R2.0 Micro-ATX Motherboard, and its Socket 775 processor slot, DDR3 RAM bays, SATA HDD connections, 24pin Mainboard connector and 4pin 12v rails!

Due to this motherboard, I have changed, for the better, and as a god, i now have a legion of kittens to do my bidding!
on 7 February 2015
NOTICE
Even though this works, i did have to return one, the bios date is 2006 so is an old board, wished i had known about this before i purchased. You can't clock this board, so is just basic. Next board is going to be AMD
Published on 6 Feb. 2013 by Ronald Houghton
this man does not know what he is talking about, if the board cannot clock it means it is 100% dead, you need to learn your terminologies mate, and if you mean it cannot overclock, you are wrong on that also, why is my intel Q6600 SLACR running at a 322 bus @2.92 ghz then? from a standard stock clock of 2.4ghz?

My review, after over 2 years use

Good board, has no Vcore options so overclocking is limited, has only four rear USB, also it has no capability for raid, and the ethernet is only 10/100, and it has only 2 dimm slots , thats the bad

Good is this, exceptionally good board for the cost, takes ddr3, and, the overclockng features are actually very good, and has more options than i thought it would, stepless cpu bus control, will also allow the socket 775 to skt 771 "sticker" mod which allows you to run some Xeon cpu's in it, the NB chipset on mine does not heat up too much, in fact these boards are costing more and more as time goes by, because they are 1 of the rare skt 775 with ddr3 boards

**TO PPL WHO ARN'T GEEKS*

if you are loking for something cheap and effective buy this board
on 24 December 2012
I wanted a Micro board (small size) for a start, so for that reason my shortlist would not be the normal.
Then I needed to be able not to replace my Duo Core chip and so needed the 775 socket.
Taking both of these into account, this and one other Gigabyte board was the best available.
Very pleased with the performance of this board.
on 12 July 2014
This was a cheap upgrade to my old PC as the Q6660 was still plenty fast enough for what I needed (I have given up chasing the latest fastest components), I was mainly interested in upgrading the amount of ram (due to video processing) as the old motherboard could only take 2Gb.

The only issue I had was finding RAM that would work with this motherboard, the first lot I brought would not work with it and I initially thought the board was DOA, trying some RAM from a different PC brought it to life and proved the RAM was the problem.

Ended up buying crucial RAM as they guarantee it will work with the motherboards on their compatibility list, was slightly more expensive but worked which was the main thing.

So happy with this purchase and it has given my PC a new lease of life.
on 1 March 2013
I bought it as a replacement to a p31 mobo as it is the same chipset.
Originally I was going to get the G41 combo version but decided to just upgrade to DDR 3 RAM.
In comparison to the Gigabyte P31, this board is tacky. Yes this is a micro ATX whereas the P31 is a flex ATX but you still expect a certain amount of quality.

It just seems so flimsy. Its the little thinks like the rear plate for insering USB's, VDU etc. Its just tacky in comparison.

However, once installed it does the job. You get what you pay for and basically this is the only 775 chipset board available, so for this plus 8GB RAM it will stand you £76.

Not bad to get the multicore working again.
on 12 May 2013
Hi This motherboard works well and is very compact. Much smaller than I was expecting.
This product resolves a common issue with SKT775 motherboards, which is a double slot graphics card covering SATA ports you would like to use.
The only downfall so far is that the power connections are too close to the CPU so if you don't use the stock cooler you may have trouble fitting it. I tried to fit an Arctic Freezer 7 Rev 2 and the power cables distort the housing making the fan run noisily.

Otherwise a very good product.
on 15 October 2014
This item is installed and working perfectly. There were, however, initial problems due to me not using the correct heatsink. Even though the heatsink looked more than adequate, it did not sit properly onto the processor and make the necessary contact - even with good heatsink compound. However, the board was sophisticated enough to merely cut out when it sensed that the processor was getting too hot and thereby not destroy itself. A suitable (smaller sized) heatsink fixed it.