on 2 October 2012
I was initially really pleased with this juicer. It is sleek, looks the part & seemed sturdy & well made. It has 5 speeds & loads of power to "gobble" up large carrots, whole apples, chunks of pineapple, etc. It was really fast in getting through a lot of materaial fast. I have been juicing 2 pints X 4 times a day on a juice fast & this seemed to be a godsend coming from an oscar 900.

However on the downside, it was a lot of work to clean & the waste material is very wet, so is wasting a lot of the precious juice & the contained nutrients. I was prepared however to live with these negatives, as the price to gain much faster juicing times & volume.

However the machine has let me down, in that we soon realised that the spinning filter basket was wearing off the neighbouring parts: The plastic housing below & the cover overhead. The food plunger will sometimes wear off it too. I have now discoverd that there is a known design issue where the basket sometimes raises during use causing this problem. I am not happy with this as it doesn't make sense to me to have my precious healthy juice extract contaminated with plastic powder, so It has been packed up & returned, & its back to my oscar 900. It may be slower, but is easier to clean, is very reliable & the juice is superior quality due to slow rpm auger extraction.

We also had a phantom problem one day with this juicer, where it would not operate in speeds 4 & 5. It would work in 1 - 3 but would shut down as soon as you selected 4 or 5. My wife left it for me to "have a look" later in the day & when I did, amazingly it was working OK again. It wouldn't inspire confidence though.

Overall a dissapointed customer, as I had high hopes for this machine & know that in general Cuisinart products are quite good. This does not seem to be a brilliant design & bottom line is I could not reccomend this product.
44 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2012
I needed a juicer and had been put off previously by ones made by other brands which were cheap and poorly made but also difficult to clean. When I found that Cuisinart did one I decided to have a look at it.

If I need kitchen equipment then I always look at Cuisinart. I had only recently come across the brand in my local cook shop as it does not seem to be as common as other high spec brands such as Magimix and Kitchenaid. They make very high quality products which have plenty of useful functions. I already have their food processer and am very pleased with it.

This juicer is the same. There are removable pieces which can all be put into the dishawasher which makes cleaning really easy. The only bit which can't go in the dishwasher is the motor for obvious reasons! The parts are all well made and the juicer is very easy to use. You can fit big items in to the top for juicing. Also the hopper where the pith goes is very large so you can make a big volume of juice without needing to keep emptying. I have made 3 large glasses of juice before (whole pineapple, 3 apples, 3 oranges) and that only fills the hopper 1/4 full!

Overall great product, very easy to use and clean and I have no negative points about it. Well worth spending a little more for a decent product compared to inferior top selling juicer brand. I will always continue to buy Cuisinart.
on 15 October 2012
This juice extractor is one of the best kitchen gadgets, & I am a gadget freak, that I have ever bought. It's inexpensive, easy to use, easy to clean & I use it every day. Don't just "think" about buying one just "buy" it.
on 27 February 2013
Just wanted to replace my old good philips juicer with a new better looking juicer. This cuisinart is ok but not as good as my cheap philips. As all juicers you need to clean it up after use and this is not an easy task and for this one, the spout is not detachable so it is almost impossible to clean inside the tube. Good performance though.
on 22 October 2012
I must say from the reviews I read this Juicer seemed to be the bees knees!! Since owning one I fully share the sentiment!! Easy to use, robust construction, wonderful smooth juices, very easy to clean and a must in any kitchen!! Now that winter is showing it's hand what better way to combat those lurgies with fresh, rich in vitamins, winter warmers!!
on 13 April 2014
When I first used this, it was great. It was a bit awkward to get the lid on properly but I thought that was just because it was new and stiff. After the initial buzz had worn off, it went into the cupboard for a while but it's just come out as I finally have the time to use it again.

However, the handle won't budge at all now. It's awkward, as I said, to get the lid on so it needed a firm hand - nothing untoward! But the button on top of the handle no longer slides the handle away properly so once the lid is on, it's on for good! I had to use the handle of a spoon to wedge it off. Trying it on a different surface, I didn't quite line up the hinge properly so part of it snapped off. I'm reluctant to put the lid down again as if I do and I can't get it off, I might as well chuck it straight in the bin after use as I won't be able to clean it. Having said that, I don't believe it'll work without the lid firmly down.

I'm obviously disappointed. The juicer hasn't been man-handled or abused - although it has been threatened - but it has rendered itself useless from a difficult start. The worst of it is as I've not used it for a while, it's out of guarantee AND I've now got a pile of fruit and veg purchased at bargain prices for juicing that is heading for the compost heap.

Edit: I increased my star rating from 1 to 3 after finally getting the lid button to work and getting a functioning machine back. It juices well enough except it did manage to leave a slice of apple behind. I'm not giving it more than three though as I don't see why I should have to fight with £250 worth of kitchen appliance.
on 24 February 2013
Great juicer but very very messy and fiddly to clean up. After use. Hardly any of the pulp actualy gets into the provided bin on the side all sticks to the upper lid surface. Very annoying.'s kids put e off using it as much as I would like to.
on 1 October 2012
Really well designed and constructed juicer.

Powerful motor has no problems dealing with whole fruit/veg up to the size of a large orange.

Very high juice quantity for amount of fruit/veg.

Easy to clean.

Strong metal mesh for juice and pulp separation.
on 9 November 2013
Time will tell if this equipment is robust or not, a tiny bit of plastic at the hinged removable top shield has already come off, but having said that, it's a fantastic juicer, takes whole fruit and really pulverises it. I'm not using the shield that keeps the bits out is a good idea, you want SOME fibre with your fifteen a day.
on 30 August 2013
I researched a lot of juicers and decided on this one and I am glad I did. It has a great motor that can juice anything and the feeding tube is a good size which means I don't have to chop any fruit. I juice every morning so the best thing about it is it all goes in the dishwasher - so no laborious cleaning up afterwards. I would highly recommend this one.