Flavour Name: Seafood|Change

on 19 January 2015
My 2 year old lab grew up on this stuff. It used to be excellent.

Then there was no production for several months with no explanation on the manufacturers website or anywhere which I found most irresponsible....

Now it's back, but they've gone and changed the packaging and formula. The packaging is still hard to open but one can overcome that.
However, the product is now really gooey and a lot of it sticks in the container. My dog still loves the stuff as they obviously put the right smell inside, but now he farts a lot (really smelly ones).

Time to move away from this manufacturer. They had a good product, but have ruined it and have demonstrated that they are not reliable or care about customers.

Bye naturediet ....
on 11 May 2014
Arrived on time. The dogs love this meat,they love the lamb,unfortunatlely half the pack has blown after
a few days. I tried to find out how to complain but failed, so I am doing it this way, I can't sent them back
As the smell is vile. I saw another review stating the same complaint.
on 10 November 2011
Our dog has been on this food for a while, we feed it to him occasionally as a treat instead of his usual dry food for one of his meals. I think our dog would love it if we could feed this to him for all his meals, he just loves it and tucks in straight away. He always licks his bowl clean and to us he looks very happy afterwards and always gets excited if he knows its his meal that day.

Highly recommended, its great quality food and our dog just loves it. We also feed the puppy version to our younger dog and she adores it as well and is just the same. So this food is a big hit for all dogs and I am sure any dog will lick the bowl clean.

Delivery of the item was excellent, it arrived within a few days and the packaging was great. What more could you want? great item and great quick delivery.
on 1 April 2014
we are total converts to the Naturediet range. we recently fostered an adorable staffy who had been fed on B****** dry kibble all his life. His coat was dry and lacklustre and he had a great deal of flaking skin. his coat is now super shiny and no dry flakes!

We were also told he could not eat wet food or chicken and dry food was the only food his digestion could tolerate. In fact a dogs digestive system has to work harder to digest the dry kibble. our foster dog did not have any ill effects and he absolutely LOVES his Naturediet in all the flavours, he keeps going back to his bowl and then rolls around on his bed sighing happily. 5* product
on 29 March 2015
Totally agree with other reviews on this product-have used both the chicken and lamb Naturediet for years but the last two orders have now been donated to a rescue centre.
The product has definitely changed-sloppy consistency/blown packets/offensive smell and more important my dogs will not touch it.
Just to make sure it wasn't supplier went to local pet store to buy a couple of packets(chicken and lamb varieties) exactly the same rubbish.
Another long time customer lost-sorry Naturediet but why change recipe?
on 20 September 2014
BEWARE - Naturediet have changed how the pouch is sealed and it simply doesn't work. Out of three boxes at least 10 pouches had burst seals. This renders them unfit for use and creates a mess on the other pouches. I believe that this is a known problem. I would AVOID until they get the packaging right.
on 26 August 2014
Unfortunately Naturediet have changed their production methods and the result is that the seals are no longer tight and pulled down on the packs making it impossible to tell if the contents is starting to swell due to exposure to air and bacteria or not. They supposedly did this because some customers complained that the seals were hard to remove. End users could have used a knife to cut open the pack if they had difficulty using their hands.

I will not risk my dogs Health with these potentially dangerous new packs, the one way we could tell packs were blown has now been removed. This change to the packing is a stupid move by NatureDiet. What on earth were they thinking! A number of Amazon customer have complained about rancid content and other suppliers have received complaints too. I received a Rancid pack last week as well but not from Amazon I should point out. The new production method is flawed unfortunately. What a shame, another good product spoilt by trying to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with!
on 14 November 2014
Awful stuff since they changed way it is cooked and packaged I have just given away nearly cases as it has given my boy the trots before he fine on old style
I tried my dog of it for a few days he was fine poohs back to normal then tried him back on the new stuff and what a surprise back to being runny
I CANT AND WONT !!!!! advise anyone to buy this stuff in fact I say avoid its awful until the firm listens and goes back to old way they did things then they have lost me as a customer and from researching there are thousands very unhappy with product in its present form
on 3 October 2014
Sorry, but the manufacturers have changed the recipe and manufacture technique of this food. What used to be great dog food is now slimy jelly filled stuff the likes of which I get in a tin from the supermarket for half the price. Also slimy in and slimy out, if you get my drift. Of course, the dog scarfs it, but he's a dog - and this one eats most stuff I put in front of him. I guess the manufacturer decided to make cuts of some kind and has dressed it up (on their web site) as responding to customer demand. What nonsense! - no customer buying what this food used to be, would want it to be changed to be like cheap supermarket food! They must think we are total idiots. I liked NatureDiet because it was a reliable, consistent semi-dry food made from reliable quality ingredients. It was fairly dense in substance and seemed to guarantee a consistent portion of food on the plate - that is all now gone. Why do they expect me to pay this price for something so similar to what I can pick up in the Co-op?

Finally, the new recipe makes my dog fart - the old one never did. I don't want this.

Gave the old recipe 5 stars - but now its only worth 1. I'm looking for a decent dog food again. What a pity!

Update - while most cartons were filled with insubstantial jelly-like stuff, strangely sweet smelling like cheap tinned food, a couple of cartons were filled with really hard dense stuff. This seems to indicate some problem in putting the material into the cartons in a consistent way.
Also I liked that the old recipe came out of the carton cleanly. This meant minimal washing of the carton before putting it into the recycling bin. The new style does not come out cleanly and requires quite a bit of complex scrubbing to get the carton halfway clean. This wastes water and my time, and for those cartons that won't clean up creates a plastic waste problem as a soiled carton cannot be used for recycling! What a stupid anti-environmental change to make.
on 11 March 2013
I have 4 Westies and only ever feed them Nature Diet. Westies have a reputation for stomach problems and my lot were no different until I started giving them Nature Diet. They now have very very few problems with stomach. I recommend this food for all dogs and know that if dog owners tried it once they would never give their dogs any other product.