on 16 November 2011
Very comfortable and stable, handy moveable thing on the cord allowing you to tailor the length of the separated strands, good sound if perhaps a little bass-light. Not really an issue when out running though. Very pleased with these and at a very reasonable price.
on 25 November 2011
Update another year later...
Unfortunately I eventually snagged the cord too hard and they stopped working. It was my fault - they'd survived pretty rough daily use and had actually (accidentally!) survived going through the washing machine twice, too! I had no hesitation in buying another pair to replace the originals.

Update a year after buying them ... I'm still very pleased with these earphones - after accompanying me on runs around London, Brighton and various parts of France they're still working well and while a little grubby they're still in one piece. And they still sound fairly good too.

Original review:
I've had a pair of these for a few months and use them for running several times a week. They are great value, very comfortable and light, and because of the over-ear hook very secure. Three different sized silicone insert pairs are supplied and for me the biggest fit very nicely. The sound quality is decent, but as someone else said maybe this isn't paramount if you're running. Actually the fit is so good that street noise is sometimes hard to hear. A good thing if there's lots of traffic but maybe not terribly safe. I just have to remember to keep looking around me to avoid accidents. Well, you should do that anyway ...
on 3 March 2014
I paid £6.99 inc P&P. Good points are that they're comfortable to wear and stay on whilst running. However, be aware that even on maximum volume, the sound is relatively quiet. They are also quite tinny: I wasn't looking for bass boosted earphones, but I would prefer better balanced sound. I also have the JVC HA-EB75-AE earphones, which are often on sale for the same price, They have much better volume and a far superior sound but unfortunately, despite having adjustable earpieces, they tend to fall out regularly whilst running.
on 21 July 2016
Ihave bought a few variations of these jvc headphones and have never been disappointed. Easy and secure to wear. Always good sound quality and last well withstanding a lot of wear and tear. This current pair I use while doing my cleaning job whichIi have been doing for over a year and they are still working well
on 13 June 2013
I'm particularly comparing these to my JVC Airfit in-ear headphones which are also sub £20 but and about as good sound quality you get from in-ear without spending multiple times more.
Slightly bassier due to the 3 sizes of buds provided forming a near waterproof seal in your ear canal (rather than squashy rubber/foam). Otherwise clear with good range and some isolation from outside noise.
Never dropped off or worked out during an hour's gym session.
on 24 November 2015
Really pleased with these! I bought them after an expensive pair I had broke. Needing some quickly for running and not having enough money to go for a pricey pair again, I took a chance on these and was glad I did. They fit comfortably over ears and stay in place whilst running. The sound quality is good enough for this use and they do seem quite sturdy even surviving getting pulled about a bit in use (getting pulled/caught on a run). They have also been fine after running many times in the rain. I would recommend these.
on 28 February 2014
I bought these for jogging and they are definitely good value; they stay in securely, and the sound is decent enough. I was a bit concerned with reviews which said they fall out while exercising or that the sound is tinny. To an extent you could call it tinny, but this is not poundland tinny. Any lack of quality in the sound is made up for by good volume and reverb quality for the mid range making for a pretty decent sound whatever you are listening to.

I have tried these with tracks ranging from bassline heavy dubstep music, to woodwind instrumental music. They are found lacking in bass, but not to the point that it will totally ruin the music. It still gives a just about acceptable bass sound, but it will make bass heavy tracks sound different than you are used to, and never the same as you would get from more expensive headphones. For higher range music like the flute or certain vocals the sound can have a grating, or breaking up quality on certain notes. Again given the loud reverb on the mid range it is still an acceptable sound.

Also, one review said that the volume was not loud enough. This definitely is not the case as I had to turn the volume down at one point to save my ear drums. I have used them with a Sony Walkman phone and a Sandisk MP3 player, both of which have great volume. I would suggest anyone complaining about the volume buy another MP3 player.

I did find the left ear to be a little bit looser when I started running but this could be my Doctor Spock ear rather than the earphones. In any case I found that if you put it into the ear and twist with the right motion then it stays in securely. It also came with other sizes of ear plugs which can be fitted on, and the cable was more than long enough to go put my MP3 player into the side pocket of my running top. Also, these block out the sound of traffic very well. If you like to hear background sound while running or cycling (I don't suggest listening to music while cycling) then this brand is not for you.

Brilliant value, but if you want a flawless sound with very good bass go with another brand an pay more.
on 26 March 2014
I bought these for using on the treadmill. Wipe the sweat & wax out of your ears and they will stay in place. Wire does not keep getting tangled like most. Also they don't keep making that loud noise when they rub against your clothes. Good frequency range (10hz - 23Khz) means they sound great too!
For the price I would definitely recommend.
on 19 August 2014
Definitely stay firmly in-ear during running sessions. Very good sound, excellent bass and mid-range but have to agree with some reviews that it's also a bit tinny. So much so, that I have to use the treble reducer on my iPod, otherwise it's quite painful when played at a medium/loud volume. But, for the price I paid (1/4 of the price I usually pay for daily use headphones), it's a decent enough purchase.
on 6 February 2014
These earphones are perfect for my hearing. They have a good high frequency response which is where my hearing is
becoming increasingly poor. They have a pretty good all round frequency range instead of being all base which seems to
be fashionable now. They are comfortable to wear and arrived promptly.