Customer reviews

on 21 February 2012
I have searched many times since my early adulthood for some proof that there is more to life than what we see, so I was very excited to read this book. Linn makes it extremely clear in the first few pages that what she has written is not meant to try to convince you of afterlife activity but just one families experiences. It is so beautifully written, I felt that I was sat in a chair with Linn just chatting to me rather than me reading to myself! The book is so engaging, makes you laugh, cry and want to know more with every page!

All the chapters are very personal and Linn is extremely honest in what she writes. There are some very difficult areas of family bereavements that must have been so hard for her to write, but you can feel the love and passionate in the subject matter with each word. I appreciate that Spiritual books are not for everyone, but I certainly feel that this is a wonderful introduction that may make you think of things that may have happened to you that you have never really thought more about, or just a collection of episodes that you will enjoy reading about.

Thank you so much Linn for sending me a copy of this book, I feel so very honoured to have been able to read just a little of your life.
on 3 August 2011
When I first looked at the cover of this book I was drawn into the stillness and sadness of the empty bench. It sums up the same emotions we all feel when faced with the loss of a loved one.

Sadly Linn's mother passed away in the spring 2009.
After going to an audience of clairvoyance Linn feels a strong impulse to write about past experiences which have something in common. They are all experiences of events in her life that she has had feelings of intuition. Linn feels as though her mother is inspiring her to write, thoughts and ideas come to her in fast flow. It's these experiences that Linn shares in her book.

The book is not written to make sceptics believe that there is life after death; the book is Linn's true life personal story of why she came to believe that there is life after death and how she has taken a leap of faith.

The experiences Linn shares are very interesting and she covers some topics that really make you think. Some of these experiences moved me to tears, but by the end of the book I felt uplifted.

This is a really good read.
on 30 November 2011
Being a Sceptic is Oh So Easy does not set out to turn the reader from a determined sceptic into an ardent believer. It is more the intimate sharing of Linn Halton's personal journey on that path. It is a brave and thought provoking thesis on many things spiritual and paranormal. If you have ever felt a shiver as 'someone walked over your grave', instinctively believed that a loved one was helping, or influencing, you from beyond the grave, or maybe visited a clairvoyant and been amazed by the truth of what you heard - then you will identify with something in this book! A specialist, but nevertheless inspirational and fascinating read which I would recommend to anyone with an open mind.
on 20 March 2012
I think anyone interested in the 'afterlife' would enjoy reading this book for it parallels a lot of own thoughts. Mr Halton takes us through her personal journey in growing and finally accepting. Knowing that another had the same questions and similar experiences brought me a sense of normalcy. It is okay to believe!
on 4 June 2012
Linn Halton in no way tries to convince the sceptics amongst us that there really is life after death. Instead, she takes us on what is a very personal journey of her experiences, reflecting the reasons why, exploring the notions of coincidence. Linn delves into some very harrowing, heartfelt moments but written in her unique comfortable style, it is as though she is in the same room with you, talking to you. If you are looking for proof, you might find it here. Whether you do or not is immaterial, it's the fact that you have journeyed with her that is important. A fine read, indeed.
on 11 October 2015
I really loved this book.At times it had me smiling, at others I was in tears.I can relate to most of the things the author mentioned, having always (or since I was in my teens) known things before they happened. Sometimes they would be little none important things like looking at a neighbour and knowing they were on their way to buy a Christmas tree even though I hadn't seen them to speak to for a few days.Other times it was feeling the presence of someone (still alive) and then a minute later actually bumping into them.I always assumed it was that way for everyone.However, over the years I came to realise that either I was in the minority or not everyone was prepared to admit to these abilities.
Down the years I have come to believe that sometimes in times of great upset, those that have passed over can find ways to comfort their loved ones left behind. When really bad things are about to happen, I always know about an hour before I get the phone call to tell me.I never know what has happened until then, but I always know who is having the crisis.For those of us that accept these abilties it is a part of our everyday lives.
on 7 March 2013
I didn't finish this. There were too many mistakes and it was everso repetitive.
Some of the chapter headings were missed off in the table of contents-both chapter 6 and chapter 23 had not been included for some reason. Then waived was used instead of wave which was careless and the apostrophe lost from ladies. Then we were told about houses with a presence over and over and the fact her brother lived in California came up 3 or 4 times before I gave up.
I was interested in the subject matter and got 32% through but just couldn't handle any more.
on 5 January 2013
I mainly read in bed before I go to sleep at night so try to read books that are comforting and will not give me nightmares! This is the perfect book for late night reading (or anytime really). In it, you'll get to know the author and get a peek into the spiritual aspects of her life, which are so fascinating. She has had many such experiences including death of loved ones, haunted houses, etc. and she tells the tales in such an appealing way that you feel you are talking to a good friend. Highly recommend this book and plan to reread it very soon!
on 1 October 2014
Happy with purchase,would use seller again.