on 31 May 2012
The only downside to this album is that if, like me your into Reggae, you probably already have quite a few of the tracks on other compilations. Don't let this put you off, its well worth getting as the chosen tracks are all spot on, and of a similar ilk, so you don't have to skip past a load of tracks you don't like to get to gud uns which is what Ive had to do on some of my other comps.
on 17 October 2015
Love it!!
These tunes take me back to my childhood, when my parents would be playing most of these records.
I was actually looking to purchase the tune 'Kingston Town' - when I typed it into 'search' all the albums featuring it came up. I like the 'Trojan' collections so I thought I'd check that one out. After listening to all the samples I just HAD to have it!! And I've been listening to it non stop, it's great!
Like the fact that I can sing/hum/dance along to most of the tunes, and it makes me feel happy, relaxed!
Check it out!!
on 1 December 2015
This album takes me back to the late 1960's when, at 16, I failed the brainwashing techniques and conformity that all my childhood friends seemed to have succumbed to in the right wing bit of countryside I grew up in and moved away to live in Westbourne Park Road, just off Portobello Road, in London W11. I remember hearing all these good sounds drifting out from windows in the area and thought 'I like that'. Yes, I found something I liked. Now that I'm 63 years old at the time of submitting this review, I love the memories that this album evokes of my wonderfully misspent youth from the 1960's and into the 1970's. This album is just short of 115 minutes of happy memories ( well, apart from 'Shaft' ) that I can get into, now that the past seems so much richer than the present. ( Only an old man could think like that, eh ? )
on 6 July 2013
Now hear the originals as copied by UB 40 etc

Lord Creator's version of Kingston Town is worth the price alone
on 10 March 2013
Why this item needs a review is beyond me. Pure class original reggae of the 1960's and 70's that became ever more popular into the 80's and is still loved by so many generations.
Some things remain true. They don't build trains like they used to, they don't make shoes like they used to, and they don't produce reggae like they used to.
on 31 July 2013
Good album for Reggae fans, especially if you want the flavour of early sounds, there's bound to be stuff you might not have heard before, but that's the great thing about this album you can rediscover and discover. Either way it will get your feet tapping and dancing.
on 13 September 2013
These tracks brought me right back to my early childhood. I simply love it.
I grew up listening to the originals and those old 45 and 12 ins are well scratched. Thanks Trojan for these classic originals. Doing my ironing is now pure pleasure!
on 1 May 2013
What a great album, some great tracks for a great price.
Garden, Sun, Cold beer and this playing roll on summer!

Well worth the money! if you've never tried reggae on the Trojan label this is a good place to start.
on 30 August 2012
Brilliant-brings back old memories. I really enjoyed listening to this beautiful CD. Good quality sound and good value for money.
on 27 December 2012
This is a great compilation that brings many great tunes together in one place. Highly recommended. I like the fact that you can download it onto so many different devices.