on 5 January 2012
I've been a loyal iPhone user from day one, having had three of them but began to get cheesed off with the phone freezing and calls ending abruptly, also the size has become too large to fit in a trouser pocket and the iPhone 5 is said to be longer still!...
Htc Wildfire is fabulous, everything the iPhone has and more in a compact package, I love it...didn't think I would ever move away from Apple but I have and I'm smitten.

There are only two little niggles that I have with the Wildfire and that is:

1. Because of its compactness it's not as fast/easy to text as the iPhone but I suspect I will adjust to this.
2. Apple's software is child's play, the way you launch applications is soooooooooo easy because Apple does the thinking for you but with HTC YOU have to think more to launch an application, it's common sense but Apple did this for you with the iPhone and has made iPhone users lazy.

Battery compsumption was an issue to start with until I loaded up a FREE application called EASY BATTERY SAVER which allows you to run the phone with only the applications you want running, it's so clever and yet so simple..."sounds like an apple!"

Get a Wildfire, you won't be disappointed.
on 19 July 2013
This is a smart looking little phone BUT the anthropometric/ergonomics don't work ie. it's possible to turn off the phone's volume simply by lifting it from your pocket because the volume control is at the side just where you hold it. The battery life is a joke. With regular use it can run out by mid-day. All functions seem to work well but leave the wi-fi off until you need it.
on 10 August 2016
good secondhand phone but the screen was too small for my stubby fingers
on 3 April 2017
great
on 3 August 2017
Very satisfied with product a delay due over sight by amazon.
on 19 September 2013
it has everything that the desire that I thought I'd ordered had plus it is a better size for small hands. So I didn't care it wasn't the right model.
on 7 June 2011
I didn't want a black phone so got the white one,I wanted a touch phone but as I am a pensioner I was a bit apprehensive of going down this road from a keypad phone, so I did my research first and came up with the New HTC Wildfire S.It is just the most simple phone to use all my concerns of a touch phone went right out the window.
Everything is quick and easy to set up.The touch screen took a bit of getting use to but with practice a couple of hours later I was up and running.
My only gripe is making a phonecall when you go to make a call scroll into the phone book touch on the contact u want it goes straight to ring so if you have touched the wrong contact by mistake it rings them, might have been better if a stylus was incorporated into the phone for thick fingered users like me and also when you end the call you have to watch that you don't ring the person back.
The battery is good for a small phone and it feels comfortable in your hand.
44 Comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2017
For a second hand phone is serving me well.
on 15 March 2015
service was fantastic but I am really not keen on the phone itself.
on 16 August 2017
Worst phone ever brought, never worked, waste of money