Customer reviews

SBK: Superbike World Championship 2011 (Xbox 360)
Platform: Xbox 360|Change
Price:£19.78+ £2.80 shipping

on 28 May 2011
As a racer myself (I ride a 2007 R6 on the track) I have to say that they have achieved that almost impossible task of making you feel like you're actually riding a motorbike. You have to be patient and also prepare to be annoyed a few hundred times, but stick with and it and it will pay you back.
It feels quick and if you use the second of the onboard camera views to ride from, it is as close as you can get to the real thing - believe me
I like to ride the Triumph 675 and it sounds and handles great.

I only bought the game a few days ago and so far I've only raced around the track on my own in "time attack" mode.

I have sbk 2009, which I think looks a bit better graphically, but who cares if the trees look a bit pixelated if the ride feels so realistic in the latest version.
The onboard views in 2009, although looking great were hard to see where you were going on corners so you end up with the behind the bike view, which is just too unrealistic.

Its not just for the purists, my 7 year old son has been playing on it for hours with all the helps turned on.

For me, I just wanted to feel the realism, I struggle with the buttons and getting a balance right isn't easy. I hate having auto gears but my brain just can't handle changing gear with buttons.

I can never normally be bothered to write reviews for games but I was so impressed that I thought I would share my views.

If you're after a realistic motorbike simulator with great sound - buy this game.
on 9 October 2017
Good game
on 31 July 2011
I've ridden motorcycles for over 20 years on the road and on track. This game is awesome! I don't like the MotoGP arcadey type handling and realism at all, but loved SBK2009 the way that you could set all the difficultly parameters to suit your ability. On SBKX they did away with all the settings, and I couldn't find a balance of realism and fun that I wanted. Hence SBKX went on a certain auction site. But now with SBK2011 the fun is back! Loads of things to do, challenges, championships, quick race (that the player you create rides in - rather than pretending to be M.Biaggi you can have your own RSV4R!). There's also a career mode that takes you from new arrival to SBK through to WSB Champion (hopefully) over the next 8 seasons.

Great blend of realism and enjoyment, you can slide the bike on the exit and back it in on the entry!

To be highly recommended!
on 19 May 2011
another bargain,I like this version instantly.I have sbk x as well but things i like better are the handling ,seems more on the edge but very playable and the sound seems better to me than last years one.Have already won a few races on medium level and unlocked a few pictures.I bought this before seing other reveiws and ime glad I took the chance .For me a v.good game indeed.
on 16 March 2012
I really enjoyed SBK X, I was hooked so recently decided to purchase SBK 2011 and I'm mostly pleased with the product.

The physics, the graphics and overall gameplay is pretty good.
I especially enjoy the helmet camera.

My only issues are small ones that others might not even care about:

I'm hoping that one day you'll be able to customise your rider a bit more or have kinect/xbox live vision photo mode for your face to be scanned into the game.

I almost feel like they shouldn't even have bothered with create-a-rider as it's so vague in comparison to other games on the market.

Facial hair and hair colour are not available to edit, you just get preset faces which all alienate the personalisation of the whole thing.

I'm not asking to have Saints Row The Third style madness or anything extreme... Just a little more flexibility in future releases.

After playing so many games, seeing what they have to offer you end up finding yourself with a benchmark in place that you'd hope others in the same industry would take note of and use to their advantage.

I guess what I'm trying to say is and the point I'm trying to make is if you're going to add a feature, add it "completely".
on 25 January 2012
I cant stop playin this game really good game play. once you get into it just takes about an hour then you can go into harder settings well worth getting .
on 6 June 2013
If you want a superbike game that has great pictures and the bike does what you expect it to do ,then this is the one to buy. Its straight forward and a lot of fun. I started playing it to test what its like for half an hour and was still playing it three hours later. Its a game that gets better as you master the brakes etc and start getting home first. The best track bike game I have seen.
on 27 January 2013
Good quality graphics and at first difficult to master, only because im getting on a bit!! But is a great game. I would recomend to anyone looking for a motorcycle racing game. My last experience was of MOTO GP 2002 on the computer and this obviously is a lot lot better.
on 12 August 2013
recommended by a friend who has this game, though yet to play it online. It has a large amount of different racing options to choose from, whether it be quick race, season or legend season or career. Great
on 2 February 2013
Brought this as a gift for my dad. He hasn't stopped playing it and really got him into playing the Xbox more now also!! Delivery was nice and fast also.