on 8 February 2013
A very nice watch with good detailing and well worth the money (bought on sale). It is a fairly complicated watch that took a while to set up. Leaflet that came with it showing phases of the moon only went up to the end of 2011, but one can find the moon phases in a diary or in a couple of seconds on the internet. A large watch that might be inappropriate for a small wrist - for me it is perfect! Whilst it is German it does have a Swiss movement and unlike a number of watches available quite inexpensively it has a lot of character, looks of quality and does not appear like a cheap option. So far it has kept perfect time and the moon phase is working correctly - Only small niggle is the numerals on the day dial i.e. 1 - 31 are so small it is quite difficult to read the date, but overall it is a good buy. I have just noticed that this watch has been replaced with an updated version, still on sale at Amazon but around twice the price that I paid just before the end of 2012, the face is a little different and it shows only one winder without push controls. I guess one sets up the moon phase date and week of the year functions in some other way.
on 7 July 2014
It is pretty. However, in practice there are some issues. Despite the large face, the date function is absolutely tiny and actually unusable when the date has two digits as they all run into each other.
The week number function is the main reason I committed to purchase and it's just about usable if you squint at the watch.
The strap is thick and stiff and feels like it will last, which is a pity as putting the watch on every morning is a struggle and usually involves a thigh. I worry I will crack the strap or pull it from the watch at some point.
If you just want an accurate and pretty watch and don't mind not seeing the date, this could be the watch for you - as I said at the start it is a good looking watch.
Finally, setting this watch and the moon phase is quite tricky and you will find yourself winding the hands round A LOT to do this. My fingers were actually sore by the time I finished as the moon was just a bit past the correct setting.
I'm afraid I can't recommend this watch...
on 2 February 2014
I was so disappointed with this watch. I bought it as it looked fantastic in the pictures and have to say looked fantastic on although the strap was stiffer than a concrete block. Like the others found the moonphase in the instructions only went to 2011 but google soon got me up to date. Set the watch up. It kept skipping weeks on the week dial. One week it would be week 47 next week it jumped to week 49. Also rubbish on time keeping, gained 2 minutes in one month. Kept it for 2 months but got so fed up of it I sold it. Rubbish watch and I do not recommend it. Very disappointed, great looking watch disappointing functions and reliability.
on 30 September 2012
I absolutely love this watch, definitely worth the money. I had no problems with the stiffness of adjusting the dials . The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the last moon-phase it gives you is December 2011 so, myself not being great at this kind of thing, I had a bit of difficulty understanding how to set the moon-phase in accordance with the present date, although in the end I found out how to do. All in all, I love it and am so pleased that I brought it, and I highly recommend it for any one who wants a brilliant watch.
on 14 January 2013
Had a bit of trouble with delivery but it was over the Christmas week. This is my first Breytenbach but I think it will not be the last, it looks and feels like a much more expensive watch, keeps very good time indeed, date, day and week number all work fine. The moon phase setting takes a bit of getting used to as the instructions are limited but, once mastered works very well. ?Unless you normally pay £thousands I think anyone would be happy to wear one.
on 26 February 2014
The watch is a wonderful piece of jewellery. I bought it as a present for my husband's 60th birthday.
He loved it and it is exactly as described.
I would recommend it to anyone looking for a moonphase watch.
on 11 October 2014
The first "Breytenbach Men's Moonphase Watch Bb7710Be with Swiss-Ronda Movement" didn't work.
I adjusted the time and take away the plastic thing under the crown and the watch started but the second pointer stopped at 2, and little after 3 and 4 also.
But I got a very quick replacement, 2 days after and are very satisfied with the fast response and replacement.

And the new "Breytenbach Men's Moonphase Watch" is working perfect and beautiful.
on 7 November 2014
The watch I received stopped working after three days so had to return it. I just received a replacement watch (same model), so hopefully the replacement watch will work fine as the watch really looks very nice and has a good 'feel' around the wrist. The day indicator however is difficult to read though as the numbers are very small.
on 5 February 2014
Good value and a good looking time piece. I would recommend to others as I am very pleased with this purchase.