on 24 December 2013
I thought the aluminium memory card case was well made and the cards fitted well. The only thing I was surprised about was the weight of the case.
on 7 November 2011
This case for Compact Flash cards is great.
Its made of metal (aluminium / alloy) and quite robust. Inside there is rubber cushioning which holds the cards in place securely and firmly. The box can hold 4 flash cards which is more than enough for most needs.
I would say that the case is splash / shower proof, so great for adding extra protection to the precious cards.
The catch to open / close the case is also well thought through with no chance of the card case opening by accident.
on 29 September 2013
I have to confess I like these. The are strong, compact and do a great job of defending my storage cards. Just glad they are available and affordable!
on 18 July 2011
It does the job and is far superior to any that I have had before. So good I have ordered another 2.
on 7 December 2011
Great product whick keeps the cards well protected,a little heavy perhaps if anything but does the job perfectly 10/10. I would recommend this product to anyone
on 10 June 2011
case is simply great value for money . As its said it made from aluminum , with 4 slots to put your cf cards in , i have dropped it on several occasions - and there was no damage to a case , and cards (they haven't even came out of their slots ), case is fair size , it fits into your pocket easy , its looks well made from good quality materials , and it has lovely feel .- i have owned hama case before but this one feels much more well made .
on 8 June 2012
This case is undoubtedly good value for money and was swiftly delivered.

I actually can offer no complaint - but my oh my, I do feel uneasy about the hinge mechanism! Can I even call it that I wonder? As a product it is typical of the widespread use of carefully engineered technologies using plastics; a thin folding strip that seems to form a hinge that's so thin, it's translucent!

Sorry Mr Production Engineer, it doesn't quite FEEL sturdy enough at that one point to inspire confidence in the longer term. I know there has to be a design life but I think this reflects an approach just a tad too mean and we are only talking the tiniest fraction of a penny!

In every other respect, this is a great product and represents value for money. I'd buy again if I need to.
on 24 August 2013
Nice looking and feeling kit... but sadly if actually used to any regular degree
the plastic "hinge" simply gives way. So only for those who like to keep things
safe, but not really use them much.
on 12 October 2014
This is indeed a very nice little case. It offers great protection for your CF cards, it fits neatly into a pocket or into your camera bag, and it's good value for money.

I'd have rated it higher, but as other customers have pointed out, the hinge is rather flimsy--it's simply plastic, scored and folded over. As long as you're careful with it, you won't have a problem--it's not going to fall apart under normal use. However, don't do what I did, and drop it with the case open. Mine split clean in half, and if that happens, it's unrepairable (unless you wish to use the rather inelegant gaffer tape method).

Fair enough, that was user error. I liked mine well enough that I bought another to replace it. Bottom line, if you're looking for a stylish, cheap case that does exactly what it's designed to do, this is definitely the one to choose. Just do be careful with it, and accept that the low price does mean it's not indestructible.
on 24 July 2013
Hard metal exterior protection, simple but effective plastic lid catch, flush design requiring positive finger pressure that would not catch fabrics to open by accident. Grippy soft rubber interior, snug/ secure fit for memory cards. I have always retained the memory card transparent plastic boxes to store/transport cards. Whilst free/included with card purchases, small/slim and tightly snap shut, easy to store anywhere, they are also easy to misplace/lose & make no sound if unaware you drop them outdoors !! In contrast the hard case is more conspicuous as well as tough. Only unknown, requiring extended time/usage, is the durability of the lid hinge, which is going to be the 'achilles heel' of any hinged product. I would recommend to this product others.