Size: 65 cm|Colour Name: Purple|Change

on 18 January 2014
I purchased this suitcase a few weeks ago, but waited to write a review until after I returned from holiday when I would be using this suitcase. I must say I am very impressed with this product and after completing a long haul flight I have no complaints about it at all, in fact to the contrary, the wheels all behaved in the proper way, and even though the case was completely full, there was no problem with the way the wheels worked and let me push the case in all directions. Unfortunately it did get marked, but this was no fault of the manufacturers, but the baggage handlers. I would have no hesitation in recommending this product.
on 17 June 2015
I rarely write a bad review - there's usually some redeeming points - but here I fail to find any. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I bought this case to use on my honeymoon. Within an hour of leaving the plane, we were happily pottering along a FLAT pavement in Greece, enjoying the sun, looking for our hotel, when my husband let out a yelp ( that's a polite way of covering what he actually said). The telescopic handle had snapped. By that I mean one of the bars that support the crossbar had snapped, rendering it useless. We then had to push the case along by the handle on the case itself, or carry it, for the next 2 weeks. For those of you that have been to Greece, particularly the islands, there are a lot of hills. And slopes. And geographical features where it really would have been nice to have had a suitcase which worked. Still, that's why I got married, my poor husband did all the lifting and pushing.
I emailed the company, requesting a refund. Rather strangely, I thought, they told me they would send me a replacement telescopic handle for me to refit myself on returning home. Being quite an accommodating sort, I thought - I'm sure my husband will work out how to do it.....
On arrival back to the UK, having pushed and pulled said case through three different destinations in Greece, we waited bleary eyed at the baggage carousel for our bag to arrive. Picking it up, the first thing we noticed was the combination lock that is part of the case, had snapped off. Being an experienced traveller, I am quite aware how carefree baggage handlers can be, however, second time in a plane? Really? I emailed the company again, asking for a full refund, as I now seriously doubted whether the case would stand up to another trip - for those of you old enough to remember the " Blues Brothers" movie, I rather thought it might go the way of the car at the end - sides falling off, handle exploding, zip unpeeling itself.....
Again, much to my surprise, the company refused to refund me, and have offered to send me a new lock. I am now locked in a battle to get my money back - obviously, if the company come good, and decent, I will update this review to reflect this. In the meantime, buy a different suitcase, that may actually last more than one trip.
review image review image
on 3 April 2013
Both suitcases arrived in the same box one apple green gloss the other gloss yellow,very fast delivery, these cases are german made they seem to be very well made with four wheels on each courner of the case two grab handles one at the top and one on the side and four studs on the opposite side for resting on the floor, the extendable handle its in the top of the case and it is easy to push or pull, inside the case is lined with one zipped compartment which is netting type material that also has two plastic push fit clips to seperate your clothes etc, in the top section of the case is a holding strap with two plastic clips to hold the top section of clothing etc. The built in combination lock is easy to set to your own combination. i translated with the help of google set the no's to 0 all three then you neen a small phillips screwdriver and push it gently into the right hand hole opposite the no's untill you hear a click choose your nos for the combination then gently push the screwdriver into the left hole untill you hear a click the no's should now be set try it out. I will let you know how the case holds up to an airport battering when we come back from summer holiday.
on 25 December 2014
First impressions were good, but despite been used only twice the HAUPTSTADTKOFFER suitcase I purchased from SL Selected Labels GmbH, via Amazon UK - has now appeared with a crack on the hardshell. I contacted both the trader and the manufacturer about it. At first they appeared helpful, requesting photo of the damage and receipt, but when that was returned, both said that there's nothing they could do. As a customer, you purchase a suitcase by trusting that it will provide you decent quality, protection, resistance and minimum durability, so you can have peace of mind to use it for years to come (most brands provide a life time warranty). I understand that they should be liable by their products, but both insist that there's nothing they can do about it. I could not believe that HAUPTSTADTKOFFER thinks this is an acceptable answer considering the premium price I paid and how quickly it broke!

So with no support, I was redirected to the European Consumer Centre and hope that their intervention may encourage the trader/manufacturer to re-assess the case and most importantly: WILL HELP TO PREVENT other people going through the same situation. The way the HAUPTSTADTKOFFER has so far handled this case, made me very disappointed of ever considering buying their products again.
review image
on 5 November 2013
I am enjoying this case, which has so far been to Budapest, Prague and Sao Paulo. It seems to hold up well, is easy to spot on the belt and was delivered within a couple of days of ordering from Germany!
on 31 January 2013
After looking around at many other brands i decided to take this one and was not disappointed.
It is quite lightweight but still protective enough. After packing a PS3 and taking x2 longhaul flights from GB to the far east nothing inside was damaged at all. Also the case still looks as good as new.
Only one thing i would mention as a downside was there is nowhere to write your address on the luggage (not everybody likes to do this these days anyway) so needed to stick on the address with tape.
That said, this is a high quality item and well worth its price.

UPDATE (19/04/2015)
Well, I have been using this suitcase now for the last 3 years and have travelled long-haul flights another 6+ times. This suitcase is most definitely the best I have purchased so far. Previously using other suitcases I would get around 2 trips before having a problem with a wheel falling off or handles braking etc. to date, this suitcase has held up perfectly with no damage apart from black scuffs from the airport conveyer belts.
I recommend this item 100 percent.
on 27 June 2012
I am very pleased with this high quality suitcase. It is well made and sturdy with rotating wheels making it easy to handle. Compared to similar other brands this is such good value. I woulf recommend to others.
on 3 January 2014
This is a high quality suitcase at a reasonable price. It feels solid and well constructed without being too heavy and has a very useful expansion zip which came into its own when an already full case had to accommodate received Christmas gifts. The internal fittings are well made too.
on 25 December 2013
the case is secured with its built in combination lock.i used it first time long haul flight arrived with damaged lock,
combination lock with opening mechanism on side , piece of plastic had come off so made the case difficult to open had to use some thing to put into lock and slide the opening mechanism ,
returned item to Amazon , got a replacement in 5 days , lock opening mechanism on bottom
this time a push mechanism to open case ,

bright enough to stand out on a conveyor,
spotted it as soon as it appeared.
the expansion ability which proved extremely useful
found it very mobile when pulling it, did not need airport trolley
on 25 February 2014
Lovely glossy purple colour and a good size for one to two weeks of holiday (for a woman, for a man would probably be enough for a month). Has a handy zip, allowing the suitcase to expand by about 3 inches (great for fitting in all the extra bits you bring back with you from a holiday). Wheels are sturdy. Just used the suitcase for the first time on a four-hour flight, including a trip home on the underground and some walking, it held up very well. Was easy to wheel around, even though was fully stuffed (with the extra 3 inches of expansion), the retractable handle feels strong. It received a few scratches but that's inevitable. Even though some reviews say the lock broke, mine works fine. Overall a great suitcase, I'm very happy with it!