Customer reviews

Resonance
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 3 December 2017
I've just finished Resonance and Dolley's done it again! Smith and Mercado are an unlikely pair of heroes. Both appear to be dysfunctional but they each have a valid reason for their rather odd behaviour. I kept expecting Graham Smith to wake up and for it all to have been a dream. I'm glad that it wasn't and I'm also delighted that they found each other. The plot was refreshing in its originality but not everyone will 'get it'.
on 21 April 2012
I came across Chris Dolley when looking for cheap reads on the Kindle and thoroughly enjoyed his account of moving to France - not at all the sort of "Moving to France" book you might expect - although elements of Peter Mayle type stuff (haven't actually read him) might emerge - found myself involved in a truly gripping detection story and was so sorry to finish it I immediately got on to the Kindle store to find more by him.

I loved this book - obviously totally different to the above - transports you to a whole different (but also actual) reallity. From the start you care about the characters - and then the characters become more complex .... a wonderful don't-put-down read for me.
on 13 October 2017
This book had enough intrigue to keep me reading, I was hoping that some thing great was going to happen, yes I found it ok, but would not read it again.
on 22 April 2016
Having very much enjoyed three of Chris Dolley's steampunk-novels, this 'straight' SF novel came as a bit a surprise, but despite some problems with slow pacing , I really enjoyed this clever attempt to deal with parallel worlds.
on 26 April 2015
Enjoyed this. Unusual to find a different take on the multi-verse idea. And a plot that romps along fast enough that the pages turn all by themselves and you look at the clock and realise that it's really late, you'll feel terribly tired in the morning, but just one more chapter tonight.....
on 25 March 2015
It isn't often that I can be bothered to leave a review, in fact it is only the extremes that motivate me, the very good or the awful. This fortunately falls well into the former group. An unusual subject woven into an addictive read.
on 31 May 2016
An interesting book, with a great story line. However, I did miss Chris' more fun side in this book.
on 8 April 2015
It's different. The story keeps moving and there are a some interesting ideas in it. The end is a bit contrived, but then it would have to be and at least there is an end (rather than this being the first of a series).
The audio version, well, it could be better. The setting is London the hero is English, the reader is American an ha trouble pronouncing the hero's name.
on 11 April 2015
Great product, would recommend it! This seller is first rate.
on 15 June 2013
I ploughed and tried until I felt that this was not really worth the effort and could not be bothered about the outcome...about a third of the way through. The supposed plot is odd and uninteresting.