on 4 July 2011
A bit diificult to understand how best to put them on, but you get it right once you've done it once or twice.
on 9 June 2011
I bought this pack - expecting to have to throw one away as I practiced getting it onto the phone trouble free. The protectors fit the phone just nicely and it has a tiny cut away which keeps the light/dark detector free (top left corner of the screen).

Or thats what I thought. I lined it up so the little cut away was just over the sensor, peeled off one side and tried to put it down. Bubbles & more bubbles. I gave up til later as I was at work.

I tried again following a guide and was left with even more bubbles. #2 thrown away.

I tried again following a youtube video where the person effortlessly put it on with no problems. I followed it exactly, and still had bubbles. I kept going and it was my best attempt and I pulled off the other side, tried to use it and it was all sticky!

So the problem was evident. The size of the protector is great, but the cut away is on the wrong side of the phone. I put the cut away on the other side of the phone (so that it no longer leaves the sensor un-covered) and it went down in seconds with not a single bubble.

Its now on my phone and seems to do a good job, but the wrongly place cut-away meant that I wasted 3 of these things. If you keep aware of that, it should be worth the buy, but its a pity that they didn't get the product quite right.
44 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2011
As per previous reviewers, I found fitting these a right pain. However once on they do exactly what is required. I damaged the 1st cover during installation but the second is going strong and looking good after a few months.
when fitting make sure that you are in a draft and dust free environment ( a hermetically sealed laboratory would be ideal......... if you don't have one just hold your breath whilst fitting.)
on 21 August 2011
So we have seen a number of reviews on this which are pretty scathing but really, it comes down to a misunderstanding as to what the manufacturer made the cut out for. The cut out on the protector is for the light; NOT the proximity sensor. I was, like everyone else on here, under the assumption that the cut out should be on the top left, but it goes on the top right of the screen - directly where the light is. Once you understand this, do the following:

1. Clean your phone using the cloth or if you already have another, micro fibre cleaner.
2. Peel back tab 1 around 1/3 to 1/2 way down.
3. Lay the part you've just exposed by peeling tab 1 back on the screen of your phone; aligning the edge of the protector to the edge of the glass of the screen. Now leave tab 1 alone!
4. Peel back tab 2 (takes a bit of a pull) and notice the screen protector change as it hits the screen and properly adheres.
5. Keep pulling tab 2 down using the card to squeeze out the air bubbles as you go. Eventually, both tabs will fall off and the screen protector should be sorted.

I hope this helps anyone who is having issues with this as I've now done two Desire S handsets without any major issues using this method.
on 26 May 2011
This cover is the perfect fit for the HTC Desire S and goes on effortlessly.
With 5 covers for such a small price its an absolute bargain!
Even comes with a little cleaning cloth. Really handy!
Definitely would recommend.
on 26 May 2011
It fits the screen perfectly but is virtually impossible to apply without leaving any bubbles. I wasted one trying to apply it right. Had to make do with a few bubbles the second go.
on 14 May 2012
As with other reviewers, I was prepared for this to be a chore to fit to my new phone and I too had problems with a lot of bubbles and with the sticker that was almost impossible to remove without leaving a blemish. In the end I gave up trying to smooth out all the bubbles and thought that at least it was better than nothing.

After about a day, the bubbles were getting too annoying and I thought I'd just peel the cover off and try again with another one from the pack.

As I peeled it off my phone, this is when I discovered that these covers actually have a thin piece of plastic on _both_ sides of them. So lo and behold I was just peeling off the second piece of plastic (I peeled off the first one when I originally applyed it to the phone) and what remained was a cover that was nicely fitted on my phone and with hardly a bubble. Doh!

I've now had it on for over a month and it does exactly what it's supposed to and looks pretty decent. I would've given it a 5 star rating if I hadn't struggled with it in the first place (although probably my fault).
on 21 July 2011
Read the instructions! It took about 3 minutes to apply the screen to the phone, including the time taken to clean the screen with the cloth and I am not particularly dexterous. I had no problems with bubbles but it is essential to use the applicator to smooth the film down onto the screen.
Recommended.
on 30 May 2011
Screen protectors are always a bit tricky to apply, so it's good to know that you have five of them, it takes the pressure off a little. They fit the screen perfectly and haven't reduced the sensitivity of my touch screen. The delivery was prompt, mine took two days. I've no complaints.
on 15 July 2011
Good quality screen protecters, that went on first time with no bubbles.
The only thing that let them down was a small cut out in the top right hand side of the plastic. Don't know why, but it does mean that you can see that there is a Screen protecter on the phone.

See one answered question