on 16 January 2014
Warm, light, comfortable and good value, the quality of these tops seems very high for the money. I bought one and was so impressed I got another a few weeks later.
I use it under a very light shell jacket when mountain biking and it has kept me comfortable down to freezing temps in a damp Scottish winter. I suspect it could cook you if worn indoors.

I vary between a med and a large in most items and according to the sizing chart I'm an L, but on advice of other reviews I bought an XL one of these and its a tight (but correct) fit. the sizing is at least 1 size too small.
on 4 November 2015
This product is great. I read a number of reviews on here before deciding to buy this. I took a tape measuring tape and measured my chest and waist and I fit into the medium sized category on the higher end of the medium sized spectrum (possibly a small large) but from the reviews on amazon I decided to go with the X-large which fits well. It is tight but it's supposed to be. I use it in the winter to play golf and it works like a charm and keeps me warm even in the peak of winter on the course. I would definitely recommend if you are going to buy this you first measure your chest and waist and use the companies size guide to determine which size to buy. If you measure yourself and you are a medium but on the lower end of the medium size chart scale get a large but if you're on the higher end the medium sized scale like myself I would say go with an XL and the same applies if you're a small go for a medium. They're a very snug fit so getting an L when you're a big M may not be as comfortable as getting an XL. I would definitely recommend buying this product but use the size guide and my tips and you should be good to go.
on 17 November 2017
Too small! 2 years later I have found what's wrong. The material, excellent. The fitting is off though and I've figured out why, sadly these measurements are based on chinese sizes not UK or US, so roughly a XXL size in china is like Medium in uk! I'm 6'3", I bought XXL and this thing just ends between my elbow and my wrist at arms length! Very uncomfortable when running, you get this weird "about to be choked feeling". I did put up with it because I thought it was "normal first entry", but 2 years down just bought an XXL winter jacket from China and now I know what's wrong!
on 28 September 2015
I have a 44 inch chest and 36 inch waist. Although it's a bit of a wrestle to get it on, the Large size is right for me and also stretches the length of my gibbonly long arms, which a lot of kit doesn't. However, I don't really like it. It has a very cold, nylon feel that makes me shiver when I put it on, and it doesn't seem to really retain any warmth. The best thing it does is contain my sagging flash and minimise wobble. In contrast, my Helly Hansen tops are far warmer, more comfortable and easier to slip into - I wear them all the time and they seem to last for ever. Helly Hansen is here and, again, large suits me best: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Helly-Hansen-Lifa-Warm-Crew/dp/B001KGV2RI/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1443475295&sr=1-1&keywords=helly+hansen+ice
on 18 October 2015
I own about 8 pieces of Sub Sport attire and really like them. The COLD attire is a must for cycling and running in the winter and really do help protect you from the elements. I often use these as my base layers when snowboarding.

The only reason it's not 5 star is the sizing. I'm 39 chest .. 32 waist and usually i'm a medium but require a large in the Sub Tops and Sub bottoms.

One thing i'd also like to see is a rubber strip on the inside at the bottom of the garment (to stop it riding up) the COLD ones don't suffer this but the standard ones ride up quite a lot which I find frustrating.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 October 2015
After trying a thermal compression top from another brand that didn't fit well, I bought this one instead.

I bought a large one and it fits well. I am 1.82m tall and weight about 80kg. It's tight to put on and remove (as expected) and provides the relevant compression (not too much). The sleeves are reasonably long.

The item is well made, from thick material.

However, that's probably the issue: when wet/sweating, it does not dry quickly (and won't let the skin breathe), so you end up being wet for a long time while exercising. I got a bad cold the first time I used this cycling for several hours, so probably won't wear again.
on 21 May 2017
this was a bit smaller than the other ones I bought.......... or it could be the additional 5-10kgs that I have put on.

This is the 3rd one of these that I have ordered. It is very tight as you want it to be, I use it for cycling and it is perfect for what i use it for, for under other cycling tops or under my water proof jacket.

A nice bonus...It also holds my tummy in a bit.

Highly recommended
on 29 July 2015
I'm sure the item is perfect for cold weather (not tested as yet). Nevertheless, the size is too small, particularly under armpits around towards chest. Admittedly, it has to stretch and does so well around my torso. However, under the arm pits the material 'clogs' up and subsequently rubs against the skin which makes it uncomfortable. Although I haven't trained with the top on I suspect sweat may aggravate the issue. In the manufacturers defence I've worn other branded items and the same problem exists, although I don't see myself as having an unusual physical shape. I'm 5'10,13.5st, athletic/stocky build and I ordered XL.

If they could accommodate the area under the armpits/chest e.g. slack mesh type material. This will allow the armpits to breathe and cool accordingly without discomfort.
on 16 March 2018
You need to order at least one if not two sizes larger than normal. In shirts I'm a large or occasionally XL but having read reviews I ordered the 2XL which is still very tight but that's how I wanted it. As a result though it is very long in the body and even more in the sleeves. I do like it though it's a great compression top for my sport of archery at a fraction of the price of archery specific gear.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 November 2017
I had to order an upsize cycling gear amongst all the choices of suppliers is a guessing game when it comes to sizing.
The shirt feels quality, I tried on and it’s a good fit how we fair in the winter rides In sure it will keep me warm when out and about.