on 19 September 2017
Enjoyed by all children in Library.
on 30 November 2016
I enjoyed this trilogy so much, and by the time I got to The Glass Prison I really felt as if I was reading about my friends (the goodies that is!). It's a cracking story that keeps you turning the pages, but also has many wise words and ideas, useful in a practical sort of way both for the characters and the person reading, whether young or old. An obvious example is KYWAY (Keep Your Wits About You), a phrase given to Tally by his wise old grandfather, which comes into his mind and seems to "cleanse him inside so that his mind was more alert".
on 12 April 2011
Wow - what can I say? Just finished this amazing trilogy and will be reading them again very soon but this time to my son. I can safely say that these books will become a staple part of our reading diets for many many happy years to come.

Thank you Mr Cooper for writing such a lovely set of children's books. Just, please don't stop here!!!
on 14 May 2011
This last book of the Trilogy is just as exciting as the previous two (Canadara's Gift and The Silver Well). I really loved all three. The author's imagination is amazing, so many twists and turns and sub plots, I could not wait for the conclusion. So many amazing magical happenings (which I won't quote or it will spoil your surprise). The way the Wicked Troubler is overcome at the end is a stroke of genius. A few loose ends but I suspect this leaves the way open for further books.
Carole Pope
on 12 June 2011
I think the Kingdom of Gems is a great trilogy for all ages. For being 9 myself I think that it is entertaining and
mysterious with some funny bits! Jasper Cooper is an amazing writer, he makes you feel like you are there watching
everything happen and only good writers make you feel that.
All three books are fabulous but for me the Glass Prison is the best for it is well discribed and very adventurous. With the kingdom of Gems you won't just go into different countries you will go into different dimensions! If I chose a book or some books to recommend to different people I would choose the Kingdom of Gems because every bit of them make you feel like you want to read more!
on 15 May 2011
A book like this is detailed and imaginative. It's suitable for children and teens from 10-15 or over. It would make a worthwhile birthday present with a magnificent storyline. The trilogy is spectacular by an honourable authour, Jasper Cooper. I have met him myself and he has a wonderful imagination, no wonder his books are so exciting!
on 16 May 2011
After waiting eagerly for the final installment I have to say I was not disappointed (okay neither was my 11 year old son when I let him read it!) we've followed the lives of the Prince and Princess (Amalek and Seph) and I myself lost a nights sleep unable to put the book down! Thank you Jasper!!! Bring on the films I say!
on 29 August 2013
This is the third book of an unusual story. Great ideas but the author is trying to cover too wide an age group. My daughter is 12 and met the author at school. We have read these together. The characters range from 'disney type' princess to Lord of the Rings dark lords. The vocabulary in the books is quite challenging even for a competent child. The editing is dreadful with loads of words missed out or repeated and the grammar is 'different' Still enjoyed them but thought they were a little long drawn out.
on 15 May 2011
Amalek and Seph rock !! The Kindom of Gems was never in trouble, ever. My kids loved the books. Dont stop Mr C !!
on 31 July 2015
I really liked this book because it had a satisfying ending to the story of Amalek and Seph. There was a lot of action ending in The Troubler being defeated. I would like to hear more about the other wizards in Gugeol because wizard Elzaphan said some dark magic was arising. I can't wait to read another of his books.

Ella (8 years old)