on 13 August 2012
I read "The Purpose Driven Life" about 5 years ago after going through a time of considerable upheaval in my life. I had lost my health and had to give up my job abroad and return to the UK. I had also been away from God for about 4 years and then returned to faith, but was still needing direction and affirmation.

This book helped me to refocus on what what is most important in serving God. After a failed stint in ministry, I was suspicious of Christian people telling me what to do or what to be, but Rick Warren avoids the temptation to pigeonhole people and instead encourages them to listen to the desires and dreams God has placed in their hearts, and to look at whom God has made them to be. For me, this was transformative: I began formulating a vision which has grown over time and has always been in line with my God-given passions rather than any kind of formula, tradition or other people's ideas. For a while, the fun had gone out of my Christian life, but what has followed my reading of this book has been exciting, fulfilling and thrilling!

In short, this book has gone a long way towards restoring me, and helped me to discover God's plan for my life. If you have had enough of being a pew-warmer or are trying to get to grips with God's plan for you, this book will help no end!
on 9 July 2017
I bought this extra copy as a gift for my brother.
So many people wonder about their purpose and this philosophical question finds an answer in this book. It's wonderfully clear and easy to read and with an open mind, one may find that it helps to make sense of the world in which we live.
on 8 October 2012
I have had many wonderful things to praise from reading great books and this would be another life changer. I am sure that whether you have faith or not you can use your own skills and passion to do anything and worthy things at that. This is the point. This book reminds us that we are here for a reason and we can harness that reason in order to create untold wealth and as this occurs we can give much of this away in order to share the greatness of our rewards. For me it is common sense to understand the actions explained in this book, but to many it may appear a serious challenge to grasp? Either way it is a great read and one in which at the very least it warms the heart and demonstrates deep compassion which we could all learn alot more of so in that sense it is well worth reading to remind ourselves to be kind to others.

Greg De Tisi
on 2 September 2014
This book was far smaller than I expected but is actually a perfect size. I have enjoyed going though the daily sections in a tea break with a friend at work and it has started some great conversations. I like how they are quick to read and are straight to the point.
on 11 July 2017
A good book, but much of it was already known and seemed simple.
on 21 April 2017
I thank God Rick for your obedience in sharing the knowledge given to you by our heavenly father.
This book has truly adjusted my direction in my walk with the Lord. For years I've been asking the question "What is God's purpose for me" I've found the answer. Hallelujah .
Since reading this book I've given myself to the Lord and am now a child of God.
I'm truly gratefully to the woman I met in the nail bar who gave me a copy of your book.

Thank be to God.
on 30 April 2017
I'm a none believer however this book changed my life and my beliefs.
on 7 June 2017
It's Ok but found it a bit too religious.
on 4 April 2017
excellent guide for living and helping one find their own personal purpose
on 25 March 2017
I did this book with my study group. All agreed that it changed our attitude to life. Recommended highly.