Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 1 March 2017
Good story, with an interesting premise - can't go into details or it would spoil the plot for you - but it's good :)
on 20 May 2017
Fast delivery excellent book. The author has my child and the whole family gripped.
on 16 August 2016
I love malorie Blackman she is such a good author. I would definitely recommend all of her books. Absolutely amazing
on 18 August 2017
Great book.
on 30 May 2014
Has so much emotion and I could really connect with the book. I felt like I was Lydia, being bullied and teased. I officially love malorie Blackman
on 23 May 2016
Introduction

Lydia's last thought before darkness closed over her mind was the strange, swirling storm had trapped her. Would it ever let her go?
Thief is a very exciting book by the award-winning author Malorie Blackman. The genre of this book is Realistic Fiction but if you don't like Realistic Fiction, it also turns to Science Fiction.

Plot and Character

The plot of this story is about Lydia being accused of being a thief by a cruel girl called Anne. There are many different characters: Lydia-the kind one, Anne-a bully, Daniel-funny, kind and Fran-serious, kind girl.

Theme

The themes for this book are friendship and accusation. Friend is a theme because Lydia tries to make some at Collivale School but struggles. Should she do the wrong thing to make friends? Accusation is a theme because Lydia got accused of being a thief and life becomes miserable.

Opinion

I really like it. It was such a surprise about the storm. My favourite bit was chapter 11 and 12. Lydia finds out more about the cruel Tyrant...

Details:
Ages: 8-16
Year: 5-9
Genre: Sci-Fi/Realistic Fiction

Review by Aidan, Year Five
on 12 June 2011
Thief is a great book about a family named the Henson's. They move to Tarwich-a country side village-away from the loud noises of cars and and street life in London. Lydia Henson struggles to settle in with the new environment but can't seeing as she lost her new BFF Frankie and is blamed for steeling the Sports cup from her new school, even though she is not guilty. When Lydia runs away from home, she is caught and thrown into the future. When she finds out about the future village of Tarwich, she meets people-some recognisable-others completely new. As new rules are made, Lydia seems more confused and cannot believe what has happened to her home. When something unbelieveable happens, Lydia finds herself in danger and needs to get home. The future is in her hands, and will Lyddy be able to change the future for the best? You'll have to find out...

Fantastic book, one of Malorie's best! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)
on 15 July 2017
I give 4 stars for this book because it is funny and entertaining. I thought that it was boring in a few places but most of it is enjoyable. I am 10 years old and I think that this book is suitable for 9+ years. The plot of "THIEF!" is unique and quirky at times which makes the book interesting and unable to put down.
on 16 November 2007
My 9yo son borrowed this book from his school library and I read it with him. But then I found it so gripping that I wanted more than just our father-and-son reading sessions with this book. I took it away and read it all to myself - and once I'd started, I couldn't put it down.

This is a superb book - accessible and not too challenging to read, but more gripping than any Harry Potter tome. On one level, it's a simple adventure story about a girl who wants to prove she's innocent of a crime she's been accused of. On another level, it's about the challenges of growing up and being accepted. And it's about so much more than that as well...

To put it simply, Malorie Blackman shows with this book that she is an author who really and truly understands her readers, and is able to give them what they want - a bit of real-life drama, the kind that any teenage school pupil can relate to; plus a nerve-jangling adventure, and a bit of psychology, showing how over-reacting to any bad situation will only make matters worse, with potentially catastrophic results...

All in all, a wonderful book that I can't recommend highly enough.
22 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2014
I really couldn't put this book down! It was amazing! I would definitely recommend this book to younger kids who enjoy reading.