on 14 February 2015
good
on 26 August 2014
Excellent as always.
on 23 May 2015
Lovely, lovely and once again lovely. Best coffee in Lavazza's range... which is why it's so damn expensive!
on 2 December 2013
I usually drink Lavazza Rosso so I thought I would try a different type. It's very bitter and acid, definitely not for me!
on 25 March 2014
Why only 4 stars? Well I suppose most coffee geeks are constantly on the trail of the Holy Grail but for every day drinking this hits the spot without hitting your wallet.

I've just taken delivery of my second order for these beans. I'm still playing around with grind fineness and tamping pressure to get right ratio of extract speed to crema but I suppose it keeps me off the streets! The crema is fairly light but does persist and the coffee has a nice fruit note to it. Not bitter. Handy having 250 gram packs at 1 kg price to keep beans fresh.

Funny they don't do 4 packs for a tenner to automatically get free delivery but then again I'd miss the fun of finding something else to "make up the weight"!
on 6 November 2013
Nothing really wrong with this bean at the price other than it is a bit bland - you drink it and then move on. Nothing really exciting or enjoyable - it's just OK. I would probably not buy again though if offered it by a friend I would be happy to drink it. Probably the old adage "you get what you pay for" is appropriate here
on 27 March 2014
purchased 3 pack offer, we normally buy larger 1k pack of Cream aroma, this coffee is just ok not as much taste or flavor as other Lavazza beans and is slightly more bitter.
on 1 October 2011
Worth noting that despite the black packaging and distinctive ESPRESSO label, this is m edium and NOT dark roast. As a result it is light and fruity but not so rich.
Unfortunately it was not for me as a result
on 13 January 2017
This review is obviously a personal opinion and I add the caveat that of course, everyone's taste is different. Having got that out of the way, this is without doubt the worst coffee - espresso or otherwise - I have ever tasted and I've tasted more than a few! Initially, I wondered whether they used the cheap Robusta rather than Arabica beans, but I note that it says '100% Arabica' on the packet. I take issue with calling it espresso in the first place. In fact, I have a problem with calling it coffee. I first bought this stuff about six years ago, ground enough for a couple of cups, drank half of the first cup and threw the rest away, along with the remainder of what I'd ground and the rest of the packet. A couple of months before last Christmas, in a conversation with my son, the subject of coffee came up. I said to him, 'Whatever you do, don't buy Lavazza espresso.' He bought me a new espresso machine for Christmas, accompanied by...a packet of this saying, 'I couldn't remember which coffee you didn't like so I got you this one.' I said nothing at the time, wondering whether perhaps all those years ago I'd got a duff packet, or my taste had gone haywire, so I tried it again. Unfortunately, this time, it was even worse than I remembered it. I would do most things to avoid upsetting family and friends but drinking this is not, I'm afraid, one of them. I generally buy my coffee online from the Algerian Coffee Store now - their Algerian Special and Velluto Nero are fabulous espresso blends - but I've also found Taylors (plain espresso or Hot Java) to be good, as is Sainsbury's own espresso. This is supposed to be 'Italy's favourite coffee'. Well, I've been to many parts of Italy, and never tasted anything like this! One star because I had to; otherwise it would have been none.
on 15 September 2012
These coffee beans are the nuts and produce a fragrant aroma which has to be smelt to appreciate.I have had these before and am always well pleased with them.

See one answered question