on 27 May 2014
Well there is no point writing a review for this watch after 2 days..of course it will be good and look nice.... So I have had the watch 6 months.
I work in conservation so wanted a watch that would be good outdoors. It has been with me cutting down trees, wading through brambles, digging ditches, repairing fences, clearing out ponds etc etc .. So you can see I have put it through it's 'Expedition' paces.
The watch through all this has remained good. There are no scratches on the surface and it hasn't lost a second.
The back light (they call it Indiglo) is good and clear at night.
The Strap is Leather on the inside (Skinside) and a canvas material on the outside. This does get very dirty quite quickly ..BUT.. as per the instructions, just wipe it over with a damp sponge and it comes up clean again (I was surprised)... So 6 months on I am still pleased with my watch...
hope this helps you
on 5 August 2013
Exactly what my husband wanted, delighted with it. Sturdy strap and nice large dial which he likes.good value for money.
on 7 October 2013
got this watch for £15 from amazon with free delivery, watch face not the easiest to read without my glasses on, the indiglo back light is fantastic, for £15 i can't say anything bad about it
on 15 October 2013
Bought this watch as a replacement for my trusty work watch and so far I have been very impressed with it.It seems robust enough and the larger face makes it easy to read in various light.
on 9 October 2013
This is the third Timex Expedition I have had. I wear it while gardening and and swimming and have found them to be a very reliable timekeeper for the price.
on 14 October 2013
If you want a watch that keeps good time, good to look at, and good on the wallet this is the one, if you like the look of it.
on 6 January 2014
this is a very nice watch for the price the backlight at night is the best I have seen and I collect watches so I've seen a few it illuminates the whole face so you can tell the time easily it has a date function which I find essential and is waterproof the strap is nice and suits the watch well and is nice looking and strong but also waterproof but not made of uncomfortable rubber the strap however was the problem for me as I had bought the watch to go on a leather strap with a face cover but like the casio (maybe the same maker) I had to destroy the strap to fit it to the military strap I had bought because the pins were not spring pins and have no opening on the watch so if a pin brakes you would need a smaller pin than usual because it cannot pass through the lugs but despite that I think it is a brilliant day to day watch and not so expensive that you would be really upset if it got broken
on 30 April 2014
I like the large clear dial of this watch and it was a very good price. Not for evening wear of course but brilliant for every day
on 25 November 2013
I wanted to replace a previous version of the Timex expeidition which had given me good service for over 15 years. This seemed an ideal replacement but on receiving it I found that it was about 50% larger than the one I owned, presumably this is what is fashionable nowadays. It's a fine watch providing you can put up with the, in my view, excessive size. Perhaps dimensions in the description could help future buyers.
on 3 February 2014
Really like this watch! great bold design without looking huge on my wrist. Really like the strap, nice canvas look on the outside and leather on the inside so it's really comfortable. Only 4 stars because it's ticking noise is somewhat louder than i expected. and the ring around the face is fixed. I thought it would rotate, like it should be able to.