Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 October 2011
Colour: Rose|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I use headsets everyday for several hours per day. I use them to listen to audio books, DVDs, and notes, as well as when I am using my dictation software (Dragon NaturallySpeaking) and speaking to family and friends on Skype. This means that I am happy if the quality is good enough for me to hear what has been said without having to replay a section to try to work out what is being said.

Over the past couple of decades I have found that I cannot use earphones or ear-buds because they made my ears very sore, this is regardless of the make or the length of time I've used them for. If I have to use ear-buds then I normally have to have them hanging round my ear, rather than in the ear, with the volume turned up. To solve this problem I use headphones, but when you are in a waiting room, on the train/bus or in a public place using headphones can make you feel self-conscious.

These ear-phones are specifically made for women. Women (according to the blurb) have smaller ear canals ... well, I learnt something new, but it would explain why other buds cause me so much pain.

The headset comes with 4 sets of soft ear-bud tips, increasing in size. I have found that the smallest ones suit my ears the best, but because they are soft and more pliable I believe that I could use even the largest of the tips without the pain I've suffered with other makes.

The shell of the "speaker" is a dark, shiny, rose red colour. I wondered how they would appear when I was using them, but they were hardly noticeable, and there is always the option to move your hair down over your ears if you are conscious of people staring at you. They are available in 3 colours: rose, Violet and Pale Lilac.

The shell is angled for more comfortable use and this also makes it easier to remember which one goes in which ear, but if you are unsure the manufacturers have put a tiny reminder on each one to help you out.

These earphones come with a 2 year limited guarantee.

The cable is said to be "tangle free" and is covered with a moisture resistant woven material. This casing gives the fine wires a stronger feel than those I have tried with a plastic coating. The cable is approximately 1.2 metres in length and comes with a standard jack which will fit most devices such as i-pods and mp3/4 players, though adaptors are available if you need a different size.

I keep these earphones in a small box so that they don't get tangled up with my keys in my bag and become damaged.

Since I very rarely listen to music using headsets of any sort so I cannot say what the pitch and/or tone is like on that regard, however the sound quality is very good when using them on audio books, notes and DVDs.

I admit that I am very impressed by these earphones. I never thought I could earphones that didn't hurt and gave good sound performance for my needs, until I was given these.

--- UPDATE --- 8 February 2012 ---

These earphones have just been machine washed with a fast spin setting and then spent more than 30 minutes in the dryer (I had left them in my pocket by accident) and they still work. Definitely worth your consideration if they can survive that.
review image review image
VINE VOICEon 18 October 2011
Colour: Rose|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This definitely is a solution for everyone whose ear canal is slightly smaller than the standard headphones. I have suffered terribly with pains whilst listening to music using the standard headphones. Wish I had found out about this sooner. They are definitely smaller, fits perfectly and does not hurt. They come with little ear caps of differing sizes. I found the pre-fitted cap ideal and so did not have to change it. The chord is sturdy and guaranteed to last a long time which unfortunately can't be said for most of the other headphones in the market. The only let down is the sound quality - nothing out of the ordinary. If you are buying this purely for comfort then it gets the thumbs up from me.
VINE VOICEon 2 October 2011
Colour: Violet|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I don't actually like this type of earphone as I tend to have trouble with them fitting properly, however I actually found these to be a good fit. The shape of the ear bud seems to have been developed well to fit inside the ear and I find them to be rather comfortable, after a while you actually forget you are wearing them. Sound quality is ok - it is not amazing, but then you are not going to get amazing sound quality headphones at this price.

I used them once when I went out for a run and found that unfortunately the sound of the cables rubbing is really noticeable and does affect the sound quality. However, I find that this tends to happen with most in-ear earphones and that is why I prefer to use actual headphones that cover the ear whilst running.

I like the design, they are a bit different to the standard black or white coloured earphones but are still petite enough that they are not over the top and really noticeable. When I first saw the picture I was concerned at how big they would be but when they arrived they actually are quite small.

The woven cloth wires that aim to be tangle free are good, they are not completely tangle free as I have had them in my bag and the wires have tangled up, however they are much easier than standard earphone wires to sort out and untangle them.

I would recommend these for someone looking to use earphones whilst sitting at a desk or not moving much, however if you are looking for earphones to use while doing sports or running then I would look at alternatives.
VINE VOICEon 20 September 2011
Colour: Violet|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The concept of earphones that are smaller for female ears was something that appealed to me straightaway. I've been connected to a Walkman/iPod since 1981 and this was always something that bugged me. Since the rise in popularity of in-ear phones I have been plagued by earphones that dig in if you try to push them in properly or stick out stupidly if you don't (yes, I mean you Apple) so I was very excited to try them.

When I saw them in the `flesh' I was a little disappointed. They certainly are small and neat but I wasn't keen on the jewel design. Felt a bit like wearing pink trainers just because I'm a girl although I did love the purple colour. The wire is not typical headphone wire but fabric-like tangle free wire. The ear buds themselves are angled differently for each ear so you cannot mix them up. The packaging looks smart and appealing and contains the earphones themselves plus a good selection of rubber pads in various sizes.

Once I put them on however, all my misgivings disappeared. The `speaker' part fits beautifully just inside the ear canal and the outer jewel sits snuggly in the ear itself, if you see what I mean. If it weren't for the trailing wires you would be hard pressed to know they were there at all. The ultimate test, something I hadn't done since teenage years, was sleeping in them and yes, it is possible to lie on your side without them digging into your ear!

Soundwise, they are crisp and clear, just what you would expect from a name like Altec Lansing. However, I do agree with the reviewer who said that the small size meant a reduction in bass, which is a shame. If you push the earbuds in further then the base returns to an extent so not ideal but it's a trade off that I think is worth it in this case. Overall, a really lovely set of earphones and something I would very definitely buy in the future. Highly recommended to those small of ear.
Colour: Rose|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This was an item which my wife was keen to trial. The item arrived and I must admit that there would be absolutely no way that I would try and steal these from her: they are pink and as described designed for women's ears.

Into her ipod and off to the gym. SHe claims them to be far better than the apple supplied earphones, fitting into her ers well and delivering undistorted music across the range of singers such as Adele, Andrea Bocelli etc. Overall she feels that they are great and deliver the levels of music that she feels is acceptable.
VINE VOICEon 19 October 2011
Colour: Violet|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really liked these; they look good, the fit in the ear is very comfortable and the sound quality is excellent. I'm not that wild about the 'jewel' bit of the ear bud and would prefer something slightly less ostentatious, but it's a minor niggle. I particularly like the fact that the wire is fabric covered, as opposed to the usual plastic. Overall, very pleased.
on 9 October 2011
Colour: Rose|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As an audiophile, I take my equipment very seriously. Earphones are an area which I usually prefer not to scrimp on, although the Sennheiser CX 280 Ergonomic Ear-Canal Earphones with Clear and Detailed Sound are an exception to the rule and I stand resolutely by my original recommendation of these.

This set of earphones is designed for women, and is meant to look pretty, dainty and feminine with the jewel-like bud which protrudes from the ear canal, like an edgy ear piercing. The section of bud which is insrted into the ear canal itself is designed for the smaller space inside a female ear, and comes with a selection of different size attachments to further cater to the needs of the individual who is using it. They look cheap and a bit silly, although I'm sure both the design and size would make them great for a child.

The listening experience wasn't impressive at all. The sound was tinny and muffled, and when walking, both in windy conditions and not, the sounds of the cables moving against my jacket and of course of outside noises such as the wind and traffic were all too clearly audible for my liking. On the plus side, the fabric cord was preferable to the standard cord on my other headphones and this also helped prevent the cord from tangling too much.
VINE VOICEon 24 November 2011
Colour: Violet|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Great ear bud size - fitted really well and the cable was a great length. The sound through them was great with both my mp3 player and DS. The cable being woven was an added bonus as it didn't stick to clothing like some plastic coated headphone wire and doesn't knot easily.
on 18 April 2016
Love these earphones! Think I have small ear canals coz most earphones pop out of my ears. Just the right fit for me. Sounds good too. No complaints from me. Have several pairs for gym, traveling etc....Will buy more :) I'd recommend to anyone.
VINE VOICEon 24 October 2011
Colour: Rose|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have spent years of irritation with earphones too large to stay in comfortably or that fell out instantly or made my ears ache. Despite my scepticism these fitted - and are pretty. Sound quality is all you'd expect too. Worth having.

See one answered question