Customer reviews

Island [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 27 May 2015
It is difficult for me to say how much I love this movie since I lack words. I would watch it over and over again and every time I love it more. The story is gripping and Colin Morgan acting is stunning. You end up caring for Calum, wishing all the best for him, loving him like a friend. This is just because the humanity of the character comes out overwhelmingly. The setting is simply magic....I have developed a sort of mania for the Hebrides - the only thing I am thinking about is just to reach these islands and immerse myself in their fascination. This film is a little miracle. Bravo to all - directors and actors.
on 28 January 2013
La historia que cuenta el libro está adaptada a la pantalla de una forma brillante, concisa y que engancha. Los fotografía es estupenda, los paisajes crean una atmósfera que encaja perfectamente con la personalidad de los personajes, fría, misteriosa, desconcertante y perturbadora. A destacar sobretodo la interpretación de Colin Morgan, quien borda un papel difícil, mostrándonos el lado más sincero, humano, vital y al final realista de un personaje que nos presentan en un principio como cautivo y aislado dentro de un mundo propio de fantasía, sobre protegido por su madre.
on 1 June 2015
Colin Morgan is as usual great.
Too low whispering and too dark, I really dislike completely dark scenes, all you do is wait for it to end.
Since there are whispering in the movie, they could at least have provided UK subtitles, but there are no subtitles.
The movie is in 5.1 sound, but all the voices comes out of the center speaker, even when the camera moves away from the actor, while the actor is speaking.
The pace is in my eyes a bit too slow.
Apart from that ok acting.
on 22 February 2013
yes i am a colin morgan fan,,, but thought both he and natalie press were very convincing in this - i liked the thoughtfullness of the film. i have not read the book so can't compare the two, but looking to get the book to read. i would definately watch the dvd again - if your not sure it is not expensive - just buy it and judge for yourself
on 30 December 2013
I love Colin Morgan's performance as Merlin in The Adventures of Merlin BBC series. It so brillant that I can watch it again and again.
Island is i a bit more grimm and i haven't understood every everything (no subtitles) but Colin Morgan was perfect there and I hope he will win Oscar one day.
on 27 October 2013
A very good independent film. A bit slow at times and nothing like anything I've seen before. But it was very interesting and different. Colin Morgan was brilliant and Natalie Press was equally so! I enjoyed this quirky and strange film.
on 19 August 2013
Colin Morgan's performance is just brilliant. I liked the look they were able to give the film, but the story can get a bit... strange? Confusing? Anyway, it's a nice film to watch, even though it will never be a favourite.
on 24 January 2013
I think Colin Morgan is a very good actor, but in this film I feel that he was miscast. I also found the soundtrack difficult to hear even when the sound was turned up. I was disappointed.
on 1 October 2016
The delivery was great, couldn't fault it. However the film is awful. It's so pretensions and badly acted by all. The scrip and story are also dire. defiantly going to the charity shop
on 5 January 2013
Discover beautiful landscapes, actors - Colin is simply awesome

découvrir des paysages merveilleux, des acteurs - Colin est tout simplement génial