on 15 November 2012
I purchased this a few months ago from Amazon after testing this at the UK Optishot venue at the Lee Westwood Academy and must say it's brilliant. I play off a handicap of 15 and wanted to improve my game & stop going out down the driving range midweek. I spent all summer on an outdoor building project to house this to try and get the full potential of this unit. I must admit after all the hard work now it is all up and running it is an utterly brilliant piece of kit, however to get the best out of it you need to spend quite a lot of money. Firstly the PC you use needs really 3GB of RAM minimum and at least a 3ghz processor (a dual core or core i3 is better, however it does run fine on a P4) & a decent graphics card with at least 512MB of in built memory & open GL is a must. Lighting is vital on this product and 4watt white LED GU10 over the mat works brilliantly, normal lighting affects miss reads on the sensor. I have also mounted my Optishot launch pad into a full size driving range mat again works really well. My walls are all covered in black fabric as well as the roof and the image is projected onto an impact screen via a projector. It hosts a driving range and 11 great courses and the reading from this are brilliant, the other thing that seems to work better are the almost golf balls you can buy on Amazon, they are superior to the ones that come with this unit and only £10 a pack. I had some technical questions after I purchased this and contacted Dancin Dogg in the states for help & their customer service matched their product, brilliant very helpful and replied within a few hours.
Great Product and worth every penny.
44 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2013
For the price i paid is an invaluable product.
I'm a high handicapper and this product gives me instant feedback on what i'm doing. Pairing with my instructor's directions
made my swing better from the first day i used it.
I had no problem with lightning in my room, the setup is a snap.
I don't know if the data are accurate, but at my actual level of play they are good indications on how i hit the ball.

I practiced two days than went to the range and my swing where almost the same of the simulator. From what i can see on the real shoots the ball goes longer than in the optishot, but i think the software can be tricked to adjust the distance.

The software is nice and the courses are very detailed. I've tryed it also with tiger woods 08 but i didn't liked it because that is only
a game.

Non i can practice every day after work without the need to go on the driving range until Sunday.
I'm very happy with it.
on 25 February 2013
Bought this as an alternative to wet, windy and floodlit driving ranges. Have set it up in my garage which was straightforward. Has a simulated driving range and a good few 18 hole courses in the database. Feedback from the sensor pad is really helpful for sorting out swing problems. Don't expect it to bring down your handicap immediately but the fact that you can see the angle of the club face, swing speed and spin let's you experiment. It comes with two soft balls which are fine. I also invested in "Almost Golf" balls which I would recommend as well.
on 31 December 2012
The opti shot is really good for its price. Its a really good simulator, and definitely accurate enough to help you with your game. Also its great fun with friends. Its important to set it up right, with the right lighting and to adjust the settings to suit your clubs. Overall I'd thoroughly recommend getting one if you've got the space.
on 3 January 2015
I already had a projector in a basement garden, with enough room to swing a club, and so all I needed was this unit to give me a complete golf simulator. Given the cost of "proper" simulators, this represents excellent value for money. I find that it is quite accurate in that it will recognise slices, hooks, pushes, pulls, etc. It won't recognise thicks and thins but assuming you are using a ball (real or plastic) this will be obvious. It was underestimating my distance by 10-15% but it is easy to adjust this and I also adjusted the distance for my young kids to help them enjoy a competitive game, on Bethpage Black for example. The feedback you get on swingpath, face angle and contact point is very helpful and is not always available on other, more expensive simulators. Each simulator technology has pros and cons and overall I did not find this materially different to commercial simulators I have played. The graphics on the courses are impressive and I like the summary stats you can get at the end of a session on the practice range. I initially had some problems with the graphics drivers but the support was good in both content and responsiveness. They have just launched a Mac version, which is another plus. Five stars from me!
on 15 January 2014
Amazing, if you have the room this is worth every penny. The optishot has been used everyday since Christmas Day!
on 11 May 2016
It still not working properly .