on 15 April 2014
Great product, instant recognition by computer to download photos.
Would recommend this item to anyone having problems transferring photos on an SD card to their computer.
on 17 July 2014
nice form factor, very easy to insert and remove cards from it. I wanted an SD and micro SDXC reader that was compact to travel with, but it had to be USB3. I know that even in a USB2 port, USB3 devices can transfer data faster than USB2 devices.
I did a test transferring 3 1GB files using a class 10/UHS-1 64Gb micro SDXC card, which has a max transfer speed of 30MB/s.
avi video, 35secs. 28MB/s
mp3 audio, 45secs. 22MB/s
jpeg/raw photos. 40secs. 25MB/s

These speeds were slightly faster than my Lexar Pro USB3 card reader, using an SD adapter.

very happy with my purchase.
on 20 April 2015
Arrived quite quickly and works a treat with my windows 7, connect S.D. card with pictures on from camera and they load in quite quick in USB port. Make sure it is fully pushed into USB port, blue led light should come on.

I needed this as camera socket for lead to computer was damaged, the pictures seemed to load in a lot quicker than using connector lead.
I would recommend highly.
on 14 August 2012
This saves so many batteries & also downloads your pictures to your PC at high speed! I cannot believe that the other reviewer said it was rubbish and didn't understand it! Plug your SD memory card into the card reader & then insert into any USB slot & download! No instructions or installs required! Easy Peasy!!!
on 17 April 2014
Needed a couple for work, outer plastic feels nice, the actual unit is pretty light and it works. what more do you need
on 8 February 2015
This adapter was bought to allow me to load up a micro sd card. The card is rated as capable of 48Mb/s and this adapter is USB3. I know I can achieve 48Mb/s from my USB3 outlet on my computer but with this adapter and micro sd card inserted the speeds are a respectable 30Mb/s.
on 16 March 2015
Amazingly fast delivery. Ordered Friday 13th March from Macro Supplier, received Monday 16th march, long before estimated delivery date. This was to replace a fujifilm USB2 card reader which stopped working after I accidentally removed the SD card while the reader was still plugged in to the computer (but had been unmounted).

I've tested the new reader on linux, using both USB2 and USB3 ports and it seems to work perfectly, using two different SD cards, one used on a linux laptop and one used in a Fujifilm camera.

I have not done any speed tests.

The printed card that came with the reader claims that it supports 'hot swapping' but I have not tested that. So I hope it will last longer than the Fujifilm reader.

Added: 17-03-2015
This device is very slim -- no thicker than a usb plug. So it will not block an adjacent usb socket.
on 21 March 2016
I suppose I only have myself to blame. I read the reviews and still bought the product, yes, it does get hot and now it won't work. Serves me right for buying cheap. Will need to buy a new card reader and will be buying a different model.
on 29 April 2016
Was upset that my new laptop didn't have an SD slot like my previous one, so I envisaged having to plug my cameras into it to upload pictures which I didn't relish the idea of doing. However can across this item purely by luck and ordered it straight away. It's a brilliant little device which works well on Windows 10. Just push the SD card in the usb stick, put that in a usb port and you can access all your files as usual
on 14 July 2016
I am very pleased with this. My Sony Vaio laptop would not recognise my Samsung DV300F camera when trying to download the photos. This was really frustrating and I had given up using the camera and had been using my smartphone camera all the time. With summer hols coming up I decided I must start using the camera again and determined to find a way of downloading the photos to my laptop, I bought one of these USB sticks and it works a dream. Easy to use and fast. Very happy to recommend it!