on 25 August 2017
This watch would get 5 stars but for the poor quality of the strap. It looks great but unfortunately the leather strap is only a very thin veneer of leather which has disintegrated on the edges and looks a bit scruffy which is a real shame. What was a beautiful watch when I bought it looks shabby after only 6 months.
on 13 December 2017
Present for my husband for christmas, i am a little disappointed at the watch it looks a bit cheap. Wouldn't buy again.
on 8 January 2018
Lovely watch but beware strap only lasted 1 year and not covered by the 2 year warranty, Skagen have refused to assist and a genuine replacement strap costs £35 this is over 50% of the purchase price.
on 10 September 2017
love this very well priced watch
VINE VOICEon 29 October 2012
The first thing that strikes you is that it is very very thin and this lets it sit nicely on your wrist. I decide on the one with blue face and must admit it looks the part, These are designed in Denmark and are in my opinion very smart. It has a date, so it's date and time, one thing that it doesn't do is show up in the dark as there are no luminous dots or other methods for doing this. Mine has a leather strap which feels and appears good quality. the nob for adjusting the time is quite small, but this probably doesn't matter as you are only going to use this occasionally. Nice to wear and nice to look at.
on 16 February 2013
I am male with slim wrists. I also dislike "heavy" watches. I have owned this watch for roughly 10 months now, wearing it every day and I love it. Once it is on the wrist, you don't even realise it is there. I wear long sleeved shirts to work, but this watch is so slim and hugs the wrist, so it stays under the shirt cuffs.

Before buying it, I already knew the dials wouldn't glow in the dark so in those cases I rely on my phone to give me the time.

Only downside is the leather strap is starting to fall apart and am here today to replace the strap. (watch used daily over 10 months - I shower twice a day - so that means the watch is unclasped twice a day as I dont wear the watch under the shower.

Please note - Replacing the strap also requires one of those really annoyingly tiny screwdrivers..(though am hoping the tip of a knife will do!!)
on 20 August 2012
I bought this after being forced to send back the same watch with a metal strap because it didn't fit. Thankfully, the leather strap works better for my smaller wrist.

The blue of the face is a darker, deeper blue than the picture indicates, and looks better, catching the light beautifully. The watch is thin, and fits comfortably; the leather is good quality, and the watch itself is solid. The face looks very nice, being minimalistic, it clearly doesn't show atmospheric pressure of the cycle of the moon, but looks better because of it. The simple time and date lend themselves to the thin, understated profile of the watch, and the watch manages to look both modern and classic at the same time. It does a very nice job of not being overly flashy, but is admired upon close inspection, and the blue dial might just be worth the extra money over its black counterpart in the cool department.

If you looking for a thin, quietly beautiful watch thats still a watch, rather than a piece of jewelry, then look no further.
on 30 September 2012
I ordered the watch mainly because of its design - I love the design of Skagen watches. It arrived very quickly from the UK to Bulgaria and in this respect I am very satisfied with the purchase.

The watch is indeed very beautiful - in fact it looks far better on the wrist than on the picture, especially the dark blue dial. There is a very nice contrast between the silver numbers and the dial. The watch is also very light, moreover its case is very thin. That is why it is very comfortable to wear - you can barely feel it on the wrist. However, there are two minor niggles that spoil the otherwise almost perfect experience.

First, the leather strap is far too long, in my view. What I mean is that the end of the strap comes almost to the top of the watch if you want to fit it properly on your wrist. Potential future customers with smaller wrists (like myself) should take this into account before purchasing this watch.

Second, the crown of the watch is not polished. This does not seem like a real disadvantage at first. However, if you like wearing your watch a little looser around your wrist (like I do), then the crown sort of rubs and irritates my skin from time to time. It is not a big deal, still a bit annoying. Therefore 4 stars.

An update:

I have been wearing the watch for quite some time now.. A beautiful watch, however the strap has turned out to be of a very poor quality - it has already almost fallen apart and it should be replaced. I now regret I did not buy the same watch, but with a stainless steel mesh strap. A real disappointment!
on 3 October 2014
This is a lovely watch both to wear and to look at. I like this watch, however.....
The leather strap became frayed and started to split into layers after 4 months until it was unsightly and falling apart. This was with light use. I work inside and the watch strap didn't get much abuse. Took it to jewellers who said it needed to be sent away to Skagen to get it replaced. Went back to where I bought it and after much debate agreed to send it away and replace the strap for free. If I was paying for it, it would have cost £40-50. Skagen replaced the strap, but the new strap is starting to fall apart now. I now only wear it very occasionally. Nice watch. Rubbish leather and expensive to replace. Pity
on 12 November 2012
The design is both casual and smart.
The construction is very ergonomic, without sharp edges.
The dial is clear to read and shines nicely