on 27 April 2012
I was slightly sceptical about buying a compatible ink set for my Canon MG5250, but with the price being so much lower than the official Canon inks I had to give it a go. The results are fab, they print just like the official Canon inks and no problems with the printer accepting them.

Super speedy delivery, ordered yesterday and received items today. Will definitely shop with this seller again!

Thanks!
on 27 January 2014
I no longer have official Canon inks to compare these to, but I didn't notice any significant difference when I first bought them.
The cost-saving is significant so it is a no-brainer for me to buy these unofficial alternatives.

The lifespan seems fine to me as well. I would say our printer gets light to moderate use and this set of ten carts will last us 3-4 months.

The Canon drivers won't complain about them either, so your normal "ink low" software indicators still work as normal (I only mention this as I've had an Epsom printer in the past that had draconian chip identification on each cartridge, and the software didn't work as well if you used unlicensed cartridges).

What would be interesting, is to print some photos out on official Canon paper using these and the official inks, and then fast-forward ten years (or simulate this using high intensity lights or whatever labs do) to see which prints age the best. I'd have to assume the Canon ones would, but with the price differential being so great, I'm happy to risk my prints not lasting quite as long - I can always print them out again if needed after all!
on 1 September 2012
I ordered a couple of sets of these cartridges late one night, got a reply 6.00 the next morning and the items in the post within two days.

Yes they are compatibles and yes they are compatible - the leaflet said I may have to change the full set first time round but I just had to change the empty one.

Quality looks great to me, I can't tell the difference and time will tell how long they last. However at this cost who cares - I probably have four sets of cartridges for the cost of one original set.

Great service and great price.
on 24 June 2014
I've had bad experiences with compatible inks in the past, so tend to be wary of them and stick to the manufacturers' own. But when I saw that I could get two complete sets for my Canon printer for the price of a single black cartridge, I had to give them a go.

Taking advice from other reviews, I waited till all the colours had run right down, so I could change the entire set at once and thus not mix the compatible inks with the originals. They work perfectly, every bit as good as the 'genuine' inks, and I still have one set spare. There'll be no going back, I'll be sticking with Moreinks in future.
on 5 February 2013
Previously I have always used the Canon ones - only recently discovered these on Amazon. Some reviewers have had no problems. I would not recommend them.

When I took the orange protector off two of these cartridges, ink was seeping out through the hold. (The ink does seem to be thinner, as other reviewers say.) Dabbed off the excess and put the cartridges in the printer, printed a test page and got "C000 Printer Error". This indicates a problem with the printhead. I immediately took them out, and manually cleaned the printhead and contacts, then put the previous empty Canon ones back. Fortunately the printer is now OK.

But I will not risk putting these in the printer again.

Still at about 1/10 the price of the Canon cartridges one can't complain! I wish the manufacturers would make a better product at say twice the price or so (still 1/4 the price of the OEM ones).

If you get a "C000 Printer Error" for instructions on cleaning from an expert, see

[...]
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 November 2013
Using in a Canon Pixma MG5350 without any problems. Printing looks as good as the official inked hard copies.

Also finding that at this low price I am using many of the other printer functions much more often now without much hesitation eg printing squared pare stationary for rough sketching. So Moreinks has made a low use printer work for its living, justifying its existence for a change.

The ink carts came very quickly and also came fully boxed in card as sets which is more than I can say for official ones I have bought from Amazon which seem to came loose in a Jiffy bag. So will repeat order more inks from Moreinks.
on 14 March 2013
At first I had a few issues with runny ink and funny colors, however a few test prints and alignments seems to have fixed that. bought two packets of these and was dreading putting the second in, as I thought I'd have to run through the same trouble shooting again, however the 2nd wack of compatible cartridges are all going in just fine actually.

Happy to recommend these, to my eye this is now printing at the same speed and quality, ink seems to last about the same amount of time / pages.

Worth a try.
on 23 June 2014
I have now used these inks for several months, and have no complaints about the quality. I have printed on all types of paper/labels and find the quality superb, no bleeding etc. I have scanned and copied both black & white/Colour documents, and again the copying is excellent. However, I have to say the quality of photos is brilliant! Just recently I have scanned and printed several old photos and the quality is superb, and printing directly from my SD card, I was truly astounded by the clarity - I can honestly say that I would never consider paying the premium prices demanded by the printer manufacturer.
on 19 October 2014
Just put three (CLI-256Y, CLI-256M and PGI-525BK) of these in my printer, I have black ink on my trousers as the ink was leaking under the orange cap. I had to very carefully remove the caps on the other two and mop up the excess ink on both. Will not be buying these again.
review image
on 26 November 2013
This was the second type of refill I ordered - the cartridges for this model Canon printer tend to run out quickly.... they are small compared to my previous photo quality A3 printer Epson 1290's, so I needed a reliable supply to keep up with my output. I won't name the supplier of the first type I bought through Amazon, but they gave me some problems - not worth the cost of returning for replacement. The subject of this review however, have performed extremely well and I am very happy to recommend them as a good replacement for the official cartridges - and I will shortly be ordering more!