Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 24 June 2011
I was astonished at the previous reviews for this book . I found it a fast moving and exciting read . It may not be for "purist" followers of Dan Brown , who mainly practises plagiarism ,but for anyone looking for a good read ....look no further than Paul Christopher. He writes in a great style ,whilst incorporating accurate historical facts . I advise any prospective reader of this book , to follow their own instincts and not to be influenced by lovers of Dan Brown , or indeed Enid Blyton !!!
on 23 January 2015
This is my first outing with Paul Christopher and his Templar saga and for the most part I enjoyed it. He seemed to pack a lot of travelling for his characters and they seemed to move with almost breath-taking speed across the narrative covering vast amounts of territory almost in the blink of an eye. The storyline was good with tastes of Dan Brown always lurking in the back of the mind. Some of the plot was a little far-fetched and the characters were definite stereotypes such as the 'nasty Nazi' . There were also a number of loose ends such as ditching hire cars in unlikely locations with no come back as they are not returned or damaged. In this digital aid, it just didn't ring true. Would I read a sequel? Yes I probably would but it would not be high on my reading agenda.
on 23 January 2016
I was debating whether or not to give this 4 or 5 stars as I did enjoy reading it. It's very far fetched in places but is a really good read if you can see past that. It is part of a series so best to start at book one of the Templar Series.
on 14 April 2015
Sorry , it stsrated good, but by chapter five the improbability of how the hero and his niece find the sword of the story just left me crying out 'oh no'. Its just too full of flaws sorry. The author has too many coincidences for the plot to actually have any realism at all
on 22 January 2015
I started off reading book 8 until I realised there were more so started at the beginning and now on book five. I enjoy this kind of book it may not be to everyones taste but I give it four stars. The main characters are good and there is a lot historical bits in the book. I wish I could give more details about the book but each one has something special and as the books progress the same characters keep appearing. A must read for cold winters night.
on 26 January 2015
It's good, but it's not great. Worth a read but it doesn't quite get flowing properly. The writer has a stilted style that doesn't sit well with me, I found myself craving more depth from the story and the characters. However, I have just finished the second book, so am sticking with them!
on 24 May 2013
Yet another book on the subject of secret societies and hidden Templar treasures which has been done so many times by the likes of Dan Brown etc. However this book was ok the pace of the story was good with decent characters and was well written. The plot was somewhat predictable but kept me interested enough to read this in just a few sessions. Will I be reading the rest of the follow up books? I doubt it. I probably would if there had not been books such as the Da Vinci code. I just feel that this type of story has been told so many times now and has become repetitive. That said it is still a decent book and if you are a fan of these conspiracy theories about the Templar's treasures etc. it's not a bad effort.
on 11 February 2014
A cross between Dan Brown and Clive Cussler but not quite up to the standard of either.An entertaining read if you suspend belief and want something you don't need to think about too much. I like it and I am just starting the next in the series.
on 3 February 2015
If you are into History and thrillers then you should enjoy this book by Paul Christopher , containing facts about the Knight's Templar And some action thrown in at times makes it hard to put down. This one is the start of the Doc Holiday and Templar series all of which make good reading.
on 5 December 2012
To a new series casting the Templars as villains. As others have mentioned some major gaps in the plotline & too easy a ride for the "heroes". Nevertheless I will continue with the series as I am intrigued enough to discover where the author takes the story from here.